Guten Tag from non German speaker in Germany

Having unexpectedly become a Househusband in a small German Town on the less pleasant side of Frankfurt ( the Furt side) and not speaking German, I 'm trying to fill my Time writing stuff.
My predictive Text seems to bei Stück in German Modelich . Hello back in Blightey .
I m trying Not to mention The war. I think I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

Welcome Darren,

That sound like the ideal scenario for a sitcom, get writing!

Thanks Will.
Great choice of profile pic. Mr Hay is one of my favs . Thinking of using one of Alastair Sim for mine .
Can't contemplate a sit com yet, have trouble returning to a script a second time and not thinking it's lame. So short sketches only. And when we re supposed to think edit edit edit , what a huge emotional leap it seems to write ongoing characters...?

Hi Darren Welcome to the board mate.

Quote: Darren hoskins @ 7th August 2014, 10:07 AM BST

Thanks Will.
Great choice of profile pic. Mr Hay is one of my favs . Thinking of using one of Alastair Sim for mine .
Can't contemplate a sit com yet, have trouble returning to a script a second time and not thinking it's lame. So short sketches only. And when we re supposed to think edit edit edit , what a huge emotional leap it seems to write ongoing characters...?

I love Will Hay. He has been my avatar (several different pics of him) since I started here nearly 5 years ago. Alastair Sim would be a great choice.

Hi George,
Mildred would be a great profile pic too, but I think Morrissey got there first.
My all time fav Will Hay film is "My Learned Friend" , which is funny and genuinely exciting/sinister too, or maybe I should get out more.....

Hello Darren and welcome.

I've been to several German cities fir Trade Fairs and ythink I must've been to Frankfurt. Remind me what is uniquely there.

Of course Auf Weidersehen Pet was initially set in Germany.

What is your partner doing? Labouring?