DVD v iTunes

Looking at buying series 2-6 of Still Game, have series one on iTunes, cheaper to buy on DVD but long term given technology etc is it better to buy other five series on iTunes. Thirty quid more but a degree more flexibility. What does the panel think?

I would've said DVD is more flexible. I certainly wouldn't consider buying into a specific file format to be future-proof, or give any flexibility whatsoever. And it's only £15.10 for the complete collection from Amazon.

See Amazon product listing

I definitely go for DVD because you can take it from home to home and never lose it. Whereas if your iPod or what ever was to go corrupt or your computer, you could potentially lose them. DVD is cheaper anyway and better!

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd August 2014, 1:21 PM BST

I would've said DVD is more flexible. I certainly wouldn't consider buying into a specific file format to be future-proof, or give any flexibility whatsoever. And it's only £15.10 for the complete collection from Amazon.

See Amazon product listing

Thanks for that shall order forthwith. Just worried DVDs going the same way as videos etc, of which I have box loads!

Ordered.

Quote: Marc P @ 3rd August 2014, 2:02 PM BST

Thanks for that shall order forthwith. Just worried DVDs going the same way as videos etc, of which I have box loads!

To be honest, I think DVD will be around for quite a long time yet and the talk of its demise is more than a little premature. Look at the continued success of deluxe-packaged CD sets, and even vinyl.

In any case, even if DVD does go the way of VHS, it's already a digital format so a darnsight easier to store on your computer and/or convert to other video types. Including, but not limited to, whatever Apple choose to support this year.

Wise choice. :)

:)

DVDs for me also