OFAH: top 5 guest characters Page 2

I forgot about Nervous Nerys! My favourite OFAH scene is from Dates when Rodney tries to act hard and fails to throw his cigarette out the window.

I loved that bit, and when he runs the red light.

I liked the guy in the tollbooth in "To Hull And Back" who was taking the piss out of Rodney.

He reminds me a bit of Nick Frost.

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 2nd August 2014, 6:01 PM BST

Some more one episode characters

Blossom (Wanted)
Yvonne (Watching the Girls go by)
Jules (A chance of a lunchtime)
Trudy (A chance of a lunchtime)
Knock-Knock (He ain't heavy, he's my Uncle)
Gary (Strangers on the Shore)
Bronco (The Sky's the limit)
Axe murderer (Friday the 14th)
Reg Trotter (Thicker than water)
Solly Atwell (Hole in one)
Alex (It never rains)
Spanish Guard (It never rains)
Miranda (Yesterday never comes)
Stan and Jean (Strained relations)
Anna (From Prussia with love)
Jumbo Mills (Who wants to be a millionaire?)
Arnie (The Chain gang)
Elsie Partridge (Sickness and wealth)
Miles (Mother nature's son)
Beverly (Fatal Extraction)

There are many more.

Were any of these famous actors in other shows? Who played them?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2014, 9:40 PM BST

Were any of these famous actors in other shows?

The character Myles in Mother Nature's Son was played by Robert Glenister who later played in Hustle and Spooks.

And the actor (Nick Stringer) who played Jumbo Mills also played in the first series of The New Statesman and appeared in an episode of Open All Hours.

Back on topic:

One I posted in a different thread:

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th April 2013, 8:47 PM BST

One of the greatest OFAH one off characters was the chain smoking chairman of the housing committee. The actor was looking a bit like Lee Van Cleef...he also played little roles in Going Straight, Red Dwarf and Filthy, Rich & Catflap.

Richard Branson was in Miami Twice, so was one of the Bee Gees, I forget which one. The one with the high voice I think.

It also featured the one off character 'Don' Ochetti (I may have misspelled that). This episode proved that although David Jason is one of Britain's best TV actors, he does a terrible Marlon Brando impression.

Quote: george roper @ 3rd August 2014, 1:30 AM BST

I loved that bit, and when he runs the red light.

I thought it was a bit odd that the car full of punks were listening to Status Quo.

Just remembered a couple more. Boycie's mate Abdul and Slater's sarcastic sidekick Hoskins in To Hull and Back. Also, the scary B&B owner Mrs Cresswell and The Great Raymondo (and Steven and Joanne the yuppies) in The Jolly Boys Outing. There was also Raquel's parents and of course Dukie the dog.

...Rico and his goons, Vimal Malik and Mr Ram, the owner of the Golden Lotus, the waiter from the gay club...

By the way...Hoskins appeared in two episodes.