People Just Do Nothing

Has anyone been watching People Just Do Nothing on BBC iPlayer? I've been surprised by the lack of talk about it. I'd certainly consider it one of the more satisfying comedies of recent, though that's not difficult. It's a well executed mockumentary about a pirate radio station in South London and the guys that run it. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone that loves that format style. I'm a sucker for it, so it made a nice change from the run of traditional sitcoms that have been on this year.

Not heard of it, sounds interesting though. I will try and catch it.

Just watched the first episode, Secret Location, and really enjoyed it.
I'm going to have to watch the rest now.
Definitely worth catching on BBC Three this Sunday.

The first episode hooked me instantly. It's refreshing to see a dedicated mockumentary. The term gets bandied around far too often, when certain shows seem to dip in and out of the format at will (most prominent in bastardised mock-doc American sitcoms e.g. The Office).

Plus, also nice to see something aesthetically grimy.

I've not stumbled across this one yet. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Watched all the episodes now. Thought it was great.
I used to live and work in an area of London where there were some characters just like that. Very well observed and they played it really straight, this made it really funny. Hope it does well on BBC Three, would love to see this develop further.

I remember watch all of these original "Feed My Funny" pilots, and out of all of them People Just Do Nothing was the only one that I did not like. I will have to watch it again to see if there has been any improvement.

EDIT: Just listened to episode one and it certainly seems a lot better. Job well done.

Has some really good moments when it's on song, like the milk gag in the final episode and the way Decoy just goes along with it - the deadpan style of the piece is in many ways its strength.

Saying that, the wheeler-dealer, Chabuddy, stands out for me, although he's the most traditional sitcom character in there.

Virgin Media (not for the first time) randomly omitted a programme on catch-up - the third episode - so hope to watch the repeat tonight.

Great show. I watched all the episodes today and was really impressed. Lots of funny (If extremely Brentish) moments.

I watched a few of them. Really nicely put together, and as has been noted, good to see a mockumentary that stays true to the concept for a whole series, with some good characters. It often felt well-made rather than actually funny to me, but then lots of sit coms feel like that to me: too many awkward situations and pretention-popping at exactly the points you expect. Still, definitely worth a watch.

I knew nothing about this show except what was written here on this thread. So I downloaded the four episodes from BBC iPlayer, and so far I've watched Secret Location and Angela's Birthday. I am really liking the style of the show and think it's really funny. Grindah and Beats are good characters and their dodgy business man friend Chabuddy G is excellent. I'm looking forward to watching the other two episodes and I hope they will make more.

Update:

Damn it! I'm gutted. The BBC has removed all the episodes from iPlayer, and they have also been deleted from my Sky+ planner. I had only watched the first two episodes and still had the other two to watch. I'm really upset as I was enjoying this show.

Glad to have this back. Solid start to the new series with the Christening episode. Liked the way the vicar/priest was so unflappable when sorely provoked.

This show is trash, it so lazy. MC Grindr, oh he's named after a gay dating website and he doesn't know teeeheee.

Quote: An incurable romantic @ 18th July 2015, 9:38 PM BST

This show is trash, it so lazy. MC Grindr, oh he's named after a gay dating website and he doesn't know teeeheee.

It generally has a few nice moments, lines & details, and I enjoy spending time with the characters/actors when it's on form. Feels to me like it has some heart, in the way something like Brooklyn 99 has, or Parks and Recreation.