Comedy podcast - writers needed!

Calling all funny women! We need YOU to join the writing team for a new comedy podcast.

Have you ever been told women 'just aren't as funny' as men? Yeah, us too. In fact, we've got so sick of hearing it, we've decided it's time we finally answered back. Want to join us?

We're looking for writers to be part of Crooked Pieces' brand new podcast, And Then She Said a Funny Thing. We want your sketches, rants, poems and funny words in any form to feature in our pilot show, to be performed by top-notch performers and recorded in front of a live audience at Omnibus Clapham on 12 Sep 2014.

We'll accept material on any topic and in any style you like, and all writers whose material is selected will be given full crediting for their material. It's a great opportunity to try new ideas out - the only rules are that submissions must be:

1. Comic writing
2. Suitable for audio performance and recording
3. Written by a woman (or women)
4. 90 seconds long or less

Up for it? Ace. Send your submissions to funnythingpieces@gmail.com by 4 Aug. (In some cases we might ask you to make a few tweaks after that, but we'll give you a week or so to do it).

For more info on Crooked Pieces and the #FunnyThing project, visit crookedpieces.com/apps/blog/and-then-she-said-a-funny-thing

@CrookedPieces
#FunnyThing

It's going to be crap isn't it Rachel?

*Puts on dress and stuffs bra*

I have sent you a sketch :)

Do you accept submissions from pre-op transsexuals?

Have something readyish for this.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I burnt my bra in protest about...

And I've copyrighted 90 seconds long or less on my dating profiles so you can cut that out as well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/Crooked-Pieces

its on writers room and everything, don't hide your light under a bushel that's impressive.

Quote: sootyj @ 23rd July 2014, 8:30 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/Crooked-Pieces

its on writers room and everything, don't hide your light under a bushel that's impressive.

That David he's a wag!

Quote: Marc P @ 23rd July 2014, 9:21 PM BST

That David he's a wag!

A wag: the closest thing to a dog's arse.

Quote: beaky @ 23rd July 2014, 9:46 PM BST

A wag: the closest thing to a dog's arse.

I know some of them are gold diggers, but no matter how rich he is you shouldn't let a footballer degrade you like that.

I'm sure it's a great project and will deliver a great show, but should the BBC be advertising something that only accepts writing from one gender?

Thanks Jane and Angie. Adam, I'm afraid I don't think I can answer that, guess it's a question for the Beeb themselves!

Quote: amateuradam @ 24th July 2014, 10:26 PM BST

I'm sure it's a great project and will deliver a great show, but should the BBC be advertising something that only accepts writing from one gender?

ActuLly that's interesting the transgender one was open to all genders and none

Quote: amateuradam @ 24th July 2014, 10:26 PM BST

Given they limit entrants by age and region of the country for other opportunities I think this is fine.