BBC New Comedy Awards

Out of curiosity did anyone on here enter it this year?

Yep I entered, but I decided to record a sound clip in an empty room rather than give them a recording from a phone in my pocket, so it sounds a bit lame.

The BBC has asked us to remind anyone who's been thinking of entering that you've got until 23:59 TODAY to do so! :)

I got an email Friday inviting me to apply so I'm doing my application tonight. Why do I always leave it to deadline day....?

Quote: Pete Turton @ 10th July 2014, 12:23 PM BST

Yep I entered, but I decided to record a sound clip in an empty room rather than give them a recording from a phone in my pocket, so it sounds a bit lame.

I'm doing the same - I figure the audience laughter is only for our own confidences - they're pro-talent spotters, they know good quality writing and good quality delivery when they hear it. They're not going to be tricked by audience laughter!

So I think you've done the right thing.

I knew there was something.

Can someone close my thread please.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/32047/

Ah, apologies Dave - I hadn't seen your thread! Would've posted in there as it's newer.

So who entered this? And who wants to exchange SoundCloud links? It'd be interesting to see if anyone from this forum makes the heats.