Friday Night Dinner - Series 3 Page 2

It was good, with a particularly impressive pace, although I felt the whole phone thing was clumsy; if we accept that the sister would send him saucy photos with very little explanation, why then wouldn't he delete them, or turn the phone off?

Quote: Nogget @ 22nd June 2014, 11:59 AM BST

It was good, with a particularly impressive pace, although I felt the whole phone thing was clumsy; if we accept that the sister would send him saucy photos with very little explanation, why then wouldn't he delete them, or turn the phone off?

Or just show her the messages straight away as he clearly didn't instigate it.

Although I loved the episode and the conclusion in his room was very funny.

What a great start to the series. Loved the first episode.

Excellent episode tonight. It went from strength to strength. The highlight for me was Jim's arrival and subsequent scene. I felt the conclusion was weaker than the bulk of the episode but it was satisfying nonetheless.

Agreed, I'm enjoying series three much more than I thought I would. Not sure if they could stretch to a fourth but Peep Show is still going strong after eight series.

I'm loving this series so far it just gets funnier and funnier.

Loved series 1 and 2 but waning a little on this series. The comedy still seems as crazy as ever but perhaps the crazy is getting familiar now Laughing out loud - still I'll be forever grateful for the classic line "shit on it"!

Jim's on drugs was hilarioooooous.

Seen the first two, same excellent standard IMO.

I thought it was GRADE A STUFF tonight!

I saw a few episodes from the first 2 series and I was never really a fan. But I've been watching this series and the 1st episode of the series was the best Friday Night Dinner I'd ever seen. The other episodes haven't been bad either, but not as good as the first.

In some ways this is a sort of Royle Family meets Come Dine With Me. The dad makes the show for me, such a great character.

I really like this show, you never quite know what will happen next.
Yes, I agree the dad is a brilliant character and I love the banter between the two sons - I see my own children starting to behave a bit like this at times!

Do love this, but just perhaps a little weaker than the first two series.

Quote: Geffers @ 8th July 2014, 3:29 PM BST

Do love this, but just perhaps a little weaker than the first two series.

No way.

The first 2 episodes from this season were grand. The third episode not so much, but it was still fun.