Harry And Paul's Story Of The 2s

Watched this earlier and thought there was some decent material in there which raised a few laughs. Some sections felt a little flat and less than hilarious though, so I'd say it was hit and miss. It certainly wasn't as the front page of this website proclaims "One of the best things Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have done in their careers".

The Killing/Pingu bit was very good.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 25th May 2014, 11:55 PM BST

Yes, that was some real genius there. I also liked the panel show section.

Some of it was too obvious, and boiled down to taking the mickey out of people's voices (especially those bloody idiots from THE PAST), but the pace was such that it didn't really matter. Some sections were hilarious, though. I thought the presenter was consistently amusing and well-observed.

File next to Brian Pern as being hugely enjoyable to watch, but perhaps not as adventurous as it could have been.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 25th May 2014, 11:55 PM BST

That was excellent.

Loved The Grumpy Old Men bit near the end with Paul doing Rick Wakeman on the keyboards, hilarious.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 26th May 2014, 11:12 AM BST

That was excellent.

Loved The Grumpy Old Men bit near the end with Paul doing Rick Wakeman on the keyboards, hilarious.

I agree, the Arthur Smith section really ticlked me. A good example of something that is so blindingly obvious as to barely need saying, but said with enough wit and character to make it seem like incisive satire.

Very funny, almost savage at times. Although I'd loved for them to have gone for Stewart(I want to be Bill Hicks so much) Lee. The spoof of panel shows at the end was spot on......

I wonder if Merton enjoyed it? ;)

Yep. Enjoyed this;
All involved were on top form and it was full of clever in-jokes.

I think the problem is that parody is a well-trodden path. Enjoyable though.

Please let's not make cheap jokes Paul at the expense of Johnny Depp and his ex, who's is not here to defend himself, for obvious reasons.

Loved The Trip in tonight's show from them and everything else mainly.

Brilliant.

Great show, but not sure about the Pingu bit; are we supposed to be laughing at the way Scandinavians talk? Seemed a bit of an uncomfortable generalisation to compare them to Pingu.

Very enjoyable throughout. Simon Schama was very much on the nail.