50 Years Of BBC Two Comedy

Not sure where to put this as it covers such a big range of shows.

I mainly wish to ask what people their favourite BBC Two comedy is. I know that Mark loves Fawlty Towers (see the guide's Facebook and Twitter accounts). Anyone who knows me on the guide will be aware that I love QI. What is your choice?

For me, it has to be Fawlty Towers. Will be watching the programme on another day, recording it!

I don't think this programme covered panel games at all. I don't recall there being any mention of QI, HIGNFY, Mock The Week or Never Mind The Buzzcocks. I know that panel shows will always be in the shadow of sitcoms, but I was annoyed that they seemed to be ignored all together.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 25th May 2014, 9:26 AM BST

I don't think this programme covered panel games at all. I don't recall there being any mention of QI, HIGNFY, Mock The Week or Never Mind The Buzzcocks. I know that panel shows will always be in the shadow of sitcoms, but I was annoyed that they seemed to be ignored all together.

I agree with you entirely. The BBC were so keen about saying how brilliant their sitcoms were, they forgot about panel shows, where there is little acting going on. And BBC Two is a stomping ground for great panel shows and forgotten gems. Pleased

Actually, if I remember rightly they did cover Shooting Stars. So they did cover one panel game - of sorts.

Frankly, I wouldn't even know where to start. In my mind, almost all of my favourite comedy programmes aired on BBC2.