Which comedy was it?

Hi everyone,

Can anybody remind me, what was the title of the British comedy, which was probably made in mid-90s? This was a story about a TV/video technician, who once came to the centre of London to do his job but suddenly he found himself in a bar in 1940s London. He liked the 'new' surrounding and new friends, so he continued to pop in there any time he could. I remember that one day he presented to new 40s friends the Elton John's song (My Song?) telling the friends HE wrote this song, another time he was filmed after some heroic action in bombed London while he was decorated by the King. At the same time his wife was watching a history programme on TV and got totally confused seeing her own husband filmed while he was decorated. The series was shown on Polish TV in mid-90s, unfortunately I remember neither the title nor the actors' names. Could you please help me to get the title of the comedy?

By the way, I'm a great fan of British sense of humour. Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers, Yes Minister / Yes, Prime Minister, The Office and all works of Monty Python are my favourites!

Goodnight Sweetheart.

Many thanks Aaron!