Need help finding an old comedy series

Hello,

I am looking for a show/serie that was on about 20-25 years ago maybe longer....

It was about a couple in their retirement years that went on a travel to different European countries and cities where they got in all kind of funny situations and adventures.....

Can anybody help me finding this I have been looking around and just cannot find this.

thanks,

Einar

It's not One Foot in the Algarve is it?

Just checked on YouTube and that is not it :(

They travel to spain and meet some locals where he is discussing Franco and he speaks english all the time and they spanish and seem to understand eachother... very funny. I thought always it was Richard Briers but cannot find him regarding these episodes...

French Fields or something?
Or um... Duty Free?

Neither of these... :(

I am thinking to go to our national TV station and look for this by searching backwards from let's say 1995...

Maybe it was a Scottish programme, or Welsh.... not sure but somebody must recognise this... I hope :)

Not Benidorm is it?

No not Benidorm!

This is much older show.... from what I remember is that in their retirement they decide to take on a travel to all the European countries and visit the major cities to drink in the culture and mingle with the locals... I am still hopeful :)

That'll be Root Into Europe.

BINGO !!!!!

This is the show !!!!!!! :) :) :)

Now I need to figure out if they are somewhere available !

Thanks a million Aaron.

Einar

Happy to help. :)

The series was out on VHS in the past, but I don't think has ever been released on DVD. You may find it through less legal routes, of course.