The Trip To Italy

I admire Rob Brydon and Alan Partridge but I really take issue with The Trip (Trip to Italy included). Great in so many ways. But why are the female characters so insipid and bland? I feel like I'm watching a twenty first century version of On The Buses or something. Have RB and AP got a thing about female hotel receptionists? Why don't any of the females in the show have good lines like, 'Get lost, pervie?' (It makes me laugh but then again I'be just drunk half a bottle of Aldi's best).
I'm tempted to raise the clarion call 'Up the women!' but I don't think I will. Do guys in this day and age really think that we're all sweetie girl next doors who are there to giggle and simper at the bloke next door and his mate? And that we can't crack a joke or two at your expense...oh little do you know...and I mean that literally!

I'm not sure that the way to express your opinion on this deeply flawed work of fiction is to engage in more sexism of your own, but should you wish to do so, this topic is already being discussed in the existing The Trip thread:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/29970/