GameFace Page 2

I've been loving every second of this, it's the first sitcom in a long time that I've made a point of sitting down to each week. I was disappointed in the cliffhanger in the latest episode as I thought it was devoid of that cliche, but it could surprise next week,

Totally missed out on this. I like her on 8OO10CDC.

I'll try to find it on catch-up.

Do Chappers, she is an unexpectedly good actress.

Agreed, it's really good. Roisin's a great talent. A very enjoyable, funny series. Feels like the whole young-woman-in-London-whose-life-isn't-going-to-plan and unsuccessful-actor thing should be massive clichés, but it doesn't feel it at all. Really fresh.

I see they've renewed Bad Move, of which I have very mixed feelings, but I hope they give this another series.

Loved the finale. Marcella always getting mixed up with what the therapist is meaning.
'you have made great progress' 'yes now I just eat one biscuit and put the packet back in the cupboard.

And realising her ex boyfriend has learned some new moves so she invented some of her own
The flashbacks of her flicking his balls were really funny.

Love her foul mouthed dad throwing sausages - and chocolate fingers.

And an on - off love triangle... excellent

Her driving instructor is literally the perfect man.
But I'm very glad they didn't get together (quite) at the end. Much more fun if they keep just missing each other. Please let it get another series!

I think it's been a wonderful series. A delight from beginning to end. Roisin Conaty at her best! There's just got to be a second series on the way!

Is anyone else watching series 2? Still brilliant, absolutely loved the dog scene on the park bench in episode 2.

So many funny/akward things going on.
Brilliant

I think Roisin Conaty is an undervalued genius. It's the only show I can think of that actually goes for - never mind that it also achieves, with aplomb - both realism and big jokes. Magnificently funny.

I wonder if she has read Stephen Fry's autobiography.
In that, he tells the story of how he was out of work and skint and not getting parts he'd auditioned for and was thinking of giving it up and going back to teaching.
Then out of the blue he got a call to be in an advertisement and the payment was £10,000.

Marcella's storyline was almost a copy of that (except it was £12,000).

With Daniel Rigby and Alistair Green in the same episode I feel like I've seen all the wooden acting I need to for about a lifetime.

Just catching up on series 1
Excellent stuff, really funny. will get on to series 2 tonight I reckon

Roisin Conaty is naturally funny and she's a very capable actress.

As if that were not good enough, she's also immensely likeable.

Basically, she's a diamond.