BBC - in talks Generation Game Page 3

Quote: Jennie @ 21st April 2014, 7:21 PM BST

I don't see why it shouldn't. Who decides what constitutes quality? Comedy doesn't exist in a vacuum. It only becomes comedy when someone laughs at it.

So as much as Mrs Brown's Boys makes me want to slit my wrists, it must be quality because it is beloved of so many people.

Popular things, processed cheese, Hitler's speeches [Godwined], stoning women, The Black and White Minstrel Show, the KKK, slavery.

I suppose you'd have one or all of those presenting British light entertainment.

Quote: beaky @ 21st April 2014, 7:40 PM BST

I think she'd be perfect. Lots of slapstick, comments to camera - she's already halfway there!

I think they should have all the contestants be midgets and if they can avoid her stomping them, they win, they could be dressed as miniature clowns and she could have clown shoes.

I think we can safely say the KKK is pretty f**king niche.

Sooty, your argument is pure sophistry, and you know it!

But to be serious, to thine own self be true. I find her comedy schtick to be awful, clumsy and just not very funny. Redolent of a sort of weak ppolulist warmedy that seems to be all the rage.

Comedy should be like all art forms about inspiring the soul, not feeding baser, low instincts.

Like Jesus did.

It's why I think the Chuckle Brothers should present it.

I think your suggestion of Hitler presenting it was better. At least the contestants would behave themselves.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st April 2014, 7:07 PM BST

Because popularity always equals quality.

The word used was successful not 'quality' sooty, tsk tsp. Pay attention!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st April 2014, 7:24 PM BST

Do you tell jokes, Marc? I've not heard one from you yet.

I'm too busy talking bollocks as you said Paul. I think there are places on the forum for telling jokes. But we're discussing Miranda Hart here, not really whether Barry from down the pub thinks my jokes are like hilarious.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st April 2014, 8:04 PM BST

But to be serious, to thine own self be true. I find her comedy schtick to be awful, clumsy and just not very funny. Redolent of a sort of weak ppolulist warmedy that seems to be all the rage.

Comedy should be like all art forms about inspiring the soul, not feeding baser, low instincts.

Like Jesus did.

It's why I think the Chuckle Brothers should present it.

But lots of people do find it "inspires the soul". I have lots of single 30 something friends who strongly identify with some of the problems the character Miranda encounters with her mother etc.

I am all for warmedy. I remember watching The Detectives every Wednesday night when I was about 8 or 9. I loved it. It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.