BBC - in talks Generation Game

I was reading that the BBC are in talks about reviving the generation game, with Miranda as the presenter :O

Can the BBC really slip any further down to scrape the bottom of the comedy barrel!

Come on whoever is considering this idea at the BBC, surely you must have more choice than this woman, give us a break from her!

Sounds fun to me!

Quote: zooo @ 20th April 2014, 2:44 PM BST

Sounds fun to me!

Maybe if you have had half a tank of Nitrous Oxide it might be
:S

If they can make it work then yeah it should be good fun!

She doesn't work for me in any programme !

Quote: Aziza Sabah @ 20th April 2014, 3:34 PM BST

That's rather mean, her BBC1 sitcom Miranda is one of the funniest shows around and draws in big audiences for the BBC.

I have been saying for years that The Generation Game should return. I can't quite picture Miranda in the host's role, playing with the guests in quite the way that the format has benefited from in the past, but I can't wait to see a pilot.

More like the degenerate game.

Surprised they didn't ask Clare Balding to do it. She's on everything else.

It was always a pretty ropey show so I can't see that giving it to Miranda can't do any harm. I won't make a point of watching it whoever presents it.

Quote: Aziza Sabah @ 20th April 2014, 3:34 PM BST

Miranda Hart Goes Skydiving Without a Parachute?

Surely she works in Call the Midwife, though?

Unfortunately for Miranda in UK comedy she has made the huge schoolboy error of making millions of people laugh.

Maybe to get Dr Who fans, they should call it the regeneration game.

Quote: Marc P @ 21st April 2014, 9:52 AM BST

Unfortunately for Miranda in UK comedy she has made the huge schoolboy error of making millions of people laugh.

Marc we're comedy snobs, we don't laugh we appreciate the joke.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st April 2014, 10:03 AM BST

Maybe to get Dr Who fans, they should call it the regeneration game.

Marc we're comedy snobs, we don't laugh we appreciate the joke.

Sometimes the S is redundant! ;)

I used to adore the Generation Game - I could see this being very successful. It had a joyful innocence to it that we seem to have lost in Saturday night television.

My only concern about Miranda is her ability to improvise/interact with the guests. As far as I am aware, she doesn't have any stand up experience to draw on.

To be fair, neither did Brucie. But he had a huge ego and a complete lack of self-awareness to draw on instead.