'Blacking up' / 'Blackface' Page 5

Yet the BBC has not yet banned this grossly offensive Doctor Who episode in which a white actor pretends to be an Asian: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01frxjl The sooner all this acting stuff is banned, the better.

Golly! Must be blacklisted with a black mark and black looks. What a black day.

I'm deeply offended by that bloke off Rainbow that pretends to be a bear when it's quite obvious he isn't one. You know the one, Ronnie James Dio!

Papa Lazarou isn't a Caucasian man pretending to be a black man, he's just a very creepy character, nothing to do with ethnicity.

Quote: Robbo88 @ 7th April 2014, 5:37 PM

This is my point really: how recently was 'blacking up' acceptable on UK TV? There are later Two Ronnies episodes (85/87) where RB is in the guise of an Indian guru etc, which is in essence just another form of the same thing.

I'm quick off the mark as usual... There was a Two Wrongies Indian restaurant song that was repeated as late as Christmas 93. I know it was 93 for reasons I won't bore you with.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 7th December 2020, 8:45 PM

I'm deeply offended by that bloke off Rainbow that pretends to be a bear when it's quite obvious he isn't one.

Bearly legal.