The Walshes Page 2

Heard that Graham first found the actors on YouTube and looked them up, this is much funnier and more organic from the same actors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1i8vJqUbhg

Ah, another really funny episode. The Dad reminds me a bit of Reece Shearsmith. Not that he actually looks like him. But. Yeah.

A bit hit and miss but some good laughs to be had. I agree with an earlier comment that it would work better as a studio based show.

Loving the mum in this especially, 'the mattress is under my mattress and the posts are in other places' :D

It's far better than a lot of the tripe that's aired nowadays!

Just watched my recording - thought it was hilarious and far better than the first episode, and my goodness isn't the boyfriend Graham (?) Linehan! Even more so in this week's episode.

I'm liking this a lot. The acting is excellent and there are some great lines "no .. fecking NATO". The Martin character is great, perfectly observed that he would still be firing up Encarta on a CRT monitor to look something up, rather than go on Wikipedia.

I do think it might need to move outside the house if it goes further as a series though.

Quote: GallonOfAlan @ 22nd March 2014, 10:52 AM GMT

I

I do think it might need to move outside the house if it goes further as a series though.

Ummm, maybe but I think there is still mileage in the house. Yet to warm to the son so far..........

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st March 2014, 10:07 PM GMT

and my goodness isn't the boyfriend Graham (?) Linehan! Even more so in this week's episode.

I didn't see that but now that you mention it...yes, very similar, from what I've seen of Graham Linehan, (that cameo on Alan Partridge comes to mind).

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 22nd March 2014, 11:22 AM GMT

I didn't see that but now that you mention it...yes, very similar, from what I've seen of Graham Linehan, (that cameo on Alan Partridge comes to mind).

That was great! Laughing out loud Partridge at his best and full on squirm factor.

Oh no, it's just 3 episodes!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd March 2014, 12:01 PM GMT

That was great! Laughing out loud Partridge at his best and full on squirm factor.

"Wot's the big oidea!" Laughing out loud

Anyway, I will watch the next episode of The Walshes. Missed the first ones but the posts in this thread make me curious.

Quote: Geffers @ 27th March 2014, 1:44 PM GMT

Feck!

Feck!

Fairly decent effort. Mostly pretty threadbare stuff, but done with a very winning twinkle, and there are odd lines (or just facial expressions) that can make me guffaw. A perfectly good watch, if hardly a show I'll hold in my heart.

Edit: although, having aid that, I just watched ep 3 and thought it was great, a real step up from 1 & 2. Pity it stopped just when it was getting going.

Wasn't expecting much from this (the awful Count Arthur Strong put me off Linehan's stuff a bit) but watched them all overnight, and was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully there'll be more of them.

Downloaded the three episodes from YouTube and have now chaptered them with menu to a DVD, so am dead chuffed.

If anyone else wants to have a go, here's the link.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0lmVRC6Yd8

.....and they are......

1/. Doctor Burger
2/. Family Night
3/. Limbo