The Michael McIntyre Chat Show

I was really looking forward to this new chat show as Michael McIntyre is one of my favourite comedians, but then I found out the show is on at 10:35pm on a Monday night! What an awful time slot. It would be great to see this on a Saturday night, but I am still looking forward to this all the same.

He did well and brilliant securing Sir Terry on there for a first show but do we really need another chat show? There's already Graham Norton, Johnatan Ross and Alan Carr, just don't get the need for this.

Technically I'm sure we don't need another one. But I rather enjoyed it. He's a funny chap.

Did I miss something or did the guy who handed his phone over to Michael win just that trophy phone?

PS. All be aware we have a slanderous poster on this forum. Currently we do not know there identity but I advise you to keep a look out.

Ha, sadly I think that was the whole prize.

Quote: another40winks @ 11th March 2014, 1:41 PM GMT

I may of missed his real prize but if not I would of been gutted. You would of expected at least a holiday

* may have, would have, would have

I really enjoyed this. It was good fun. Although I do wonder about the potential overlap with Norton, particularly being on the same channel.

Michael was funny but the line up didn't interest me at all. Hope the guests improve

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE TERRY WOGAN?

We have a history!

:O :O

If we're going to have another chat show why not have someone like Parky or Harty where the host is NOT trying to be funny but wants to get a REAL interview?

I really enjoyed it, it was quite different to other chat shows and Michael was on top form. Looking forward to next week's episode!

Seemed to work. Liked the pre show sketch and audience interaction worked well.

The phone thing was reminiscent of Graham Norton's early shows.

Even if I enjoyed Michael McIntyre I wouldn't tune-in for this. Just another sterile, generic comedy chat show. Same guests, same schtick, same desperate attempt to fill dead airtime. Comedians interviewing other comedians who also have chat shows... a banal white noise of irrelevancy playing whilst the real world quietly sinks into shit...

Then again, at least they spent a lot of time and effort coming up with that title.