YouTube Sketch Show - Writing Partner Wanted!

Anybody interested in collaborating on a YouTube sketch show, actors, sketch ideas, script writers, even directors - This is something am dead set on doing and would love to discuss things further with anyone interested.

Preferable Manchester based - Should you be interested, either DM me or reply here and we'll take it from there -- look forward to speaking to you...

I'm mid TSWYW sketching panic, but I've PM'd you.

Thanks man. Received your message, look forward to discussing things further. Perhaps over a pint or two at the upcoming meet up.

Have you got filmmakers etc on board? Got a sketch I want filmed but I've been incredibly lazy about organising it. Organising fills me with terror.

If you've not got anyone to film, I was going to get in touch with a guy I've worked with before and see if he's interested. If he wants to do more comedy I'll point him your way.

Still mid-edit for TSWYW scripts, but I'll say that depending what level of quality you want (which depends on a mix of budget/blagging/connections) I have a couple of domestic HD cams and various bits and bobs which I've used to do the stuff on my YouTube channel.

Admittedly the 1st episode of JDC News was trying to use a blue sheet as a blue screen, and that didn't work out so well. Since then I got a proper green screen for if stuff needs chromakeying...

I say bits and bobs, but tbh I tend to think that like music once you have a certain level of equipment, patience, effort and creativity counts a lot more than budget. :)

I have a friend who's studying filming in college and I've asked him but he's yet to get back to me.

Quote: Supermanc @ 28th February 2014, 7:49 PM GMT

I have a friend who's studying filming in college and I've asked him but he's yet to get back to me.

Salford Uni? They're quite good at film.

Yeah. Its looking good, he's interested.

I've got a few Big Train-esque short, inexpensive sketch Ideas if you're interested?

Would be up for this if it was more london based. I'm currently writing my little fingers off to get a few decent sketches under my belt with the idea to film a few and it is slowly dawning on me that whilst I make a damn fine women with the right wig, I can't do all the characters myself and retain the jokes as they are written.
I understand most successful people do audio/podcasts/radio stuff before any filming so I'm really trying to get my head around making the words tell the story rather than the images and I'm getting there.
Will this forum ever get a comedy partner dating sub forum? It would be really handy.

Hey guys!

I'm also looking for people to collaborate with. Comedy buddies, actors etc.

I'm a film graduate mainly focusing on comedy.
Getting good production crew for short films or sketches won't be a problem.

Would you be interested in meeting up and discussing ideas further?

I am based in London.

Wave

Check this out should make you laugh http://youtu.be/NiWEdSQx_PQ

Quote: KrisDi @ 21st April 2014, 10:57 AM BST

Hey guys!

I'm also looking for people to collaborate with. Comedy buddies, actors etc.

I'm a film graduate mainly focusing on comedy.
Getting good production crew for short films or sketches won't be a problem.

Would you be interested in meeting up and discussing ideas further?

I am based in London.

Wave

Hi I'm london based but always happy to meet up to discuss such things. Wave

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPql7CW8SSJDeNRYgJoNg4g/videos

I'm convinced that all this "writers wanting to meet other writers " is code for sordid sexual encounters.

Hey beaky I'm working on a welsh version of War and Peace.

It's long, it's hard and tricky to get your tongue around it.

Do you want to take a look at it and help me bed it down.

I figure you could get to grips with it.

Shagging.