Legit - New BBC 1 Scotland Sitcom Page 2

As far as Legit goes I think it's pretty funny in that self deprecating way so common to UK telly. I don't know why that style isn't more popular in the US or why sketch comedy is so rare here, too, especially with our horribly short attention spans you'd think it'd be more popular. Legit is a decent mix of real life and absurd situations centered around two Peter Pan men who refuse to grow up; one character lives with his mom and the other character lives in that character's yard in a caravan and mum takes care of all their domestic needs thus enabling their never ending teenagedom. In a way it reminds me of Seinfeld in that the characters have little to no concerns about how their actions will affect others as long as they get what they want and when they do get what they want it is often with unexpected, disastrous results. It's not earth shatteringly funny but it did elicit an above average amount of laughs from me from the first two episodes, which is all that I have seen so far.

Would like to watch this but can't get it where we live, and it doesn't appear to be available on the usual sites. Anyone any ideas where I can get hold of it?

GedC, if you have Sky (or I think Virgin Media you can do it on too), then tune to BBC One Scotland on a Friday evening. 9pm I think (?). Their schedules are all 'off' a bit from the rest of the UK, but they broadcast the same stuff, plus Legit.

Much appreciated. Looked in the usual places for the eps I'd missed but couldn't find it. Don't like jumping in on a series half way through, but sounds like an interesting one. Most of the Comedy Unit stuff gets treated badly down here until it's had about five series and then they decide it's good enough to put on BBC2 (England) in a decent time slot, when it was great all along...moan moan moan....talking about Still Game, if this is half as good, I'll be happy.

Legit actually starts at 9.30 on BBC One Scotland. That means Not Going Out gets shoved to 10.35 and Jonathan Ross is 11.05.

That's the one. You crazy Scots!

I like it its not the best but good. 1st episode ok 2nd was good 3rd, amazing, 4th(tonight) good. definetly worth watching

lol, happy boab

I think tonight was the weakest one but still not bad.

They managed to get a big star in the shape of James Fleet of Vicar Of Dibley for tonight's episode. I don't think he got the accent quite right though.

But (according to Wikipedia, admittedly):

James Fleet (born 1954) is an Scottish-English actor. Fleet was born in Wolverhampton to a Scottish mother and an English father, and raised in Aberdeenshire. He studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.

Yeah his accent seemed to suggest to me that he was from the Highlands. Very soft-spoken. Because it's a Glasgow sitcom I was expecting him to do a harsh Glaswegian accent. In saying that Jordan Young who plays Danny sounds like he is more from the East.

I thought that episode was quite good.

And Steve McNicol is a born and bred Edinburger.

the whole series on average was good, the writing was good but the lead roles seemed to not be as funny as minor characters such as happy boab. dont know if there will be another series.

I thought it was a pretty good series. It's actually available on DVD if anyone wants to buy it.

I thought the final episode was by far the best. Having the two main characters just interacting in the one location with minimal plot seemed to work really well. Some of their banter was really good.