Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ 1st March 2014, 2:13 PM GMT

The UKIP stuff is next week, so you're saved; tonight's is pretty good.

Are you from the future? :O

(and if so, fetch me a hoverboard HG Wells or I'll break your wormhole)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st March 2014, 1:34 PM GMT

Stewart Lee attacking UKIP - now there's some bold and controversial comedy.

Haven't you see the way those UKIP scum behave online? They're a gang of genuinely twisted, bigoted, little Englanders who will do and say anything to push their twisted sub-EDL agenda. Of course, the bastards get no votes up here, because Scottish people, as a rule, reject that sort of foul mentality.

You're welcome to them.

Quote: faceless @ 1st March 2014, 3:19 PM GMT

the bastards get no votes up here, because Scottish people, as a rule, reject that sort of foul mentality.

The irony of nationalism.

How is that nationalism? If Canadian people, as a rule, reject the Tea Party mentality, are they being nationalist?

I saw this was on & it said it was a new series
So I checked the BCG home page to double check if it was true
Thanks BCG home page!
I must visit you more often to check things.

It's on within minutes. I'm sat in bed waiting. Ooooh!

Very funny. The Shitbottle stuff got the biggest laugh from me.

I was really looking forward to it, but I wasn't too impressed. It started well, but I got a bit bored by the end

First episode I have watched all the way through and thought it was great, especially the last bit on the 'phone'.

Quote: faceless @ 1st March 2014, 10:39 PM GMT

I was really looking forward to it, but I wasn't too impressed. It started well, but I got a bit bored by the end

Opposite way round for me. Found the opener boring, but it got a lot better as it went on.

Wasn't as impressed as with other Stewart Lee stuff.

Sodding hell

Missed the first half

Second half was pretty good

Although he does this , having an imaginary conversation with someone a lot lately....

I enjoyed it. I'm starting to find Chris Morris quite frightening though.

Quote: faceless @ 1st March 2014, 9:10 PM GMT

How is that nationalism?

By telling me the Scottish electorate would never vote for a 'Little Englander' and that voting for any kind of English nationalist makes you 'sub-EDL'. Would you call people who vote Scottish Nationalist 'sub-EDL'? By endorsing or celebrating one form of nationalism and castigating the other - even though they are both nationalists makes your statements ironic.

Anyways, back to Stewart Lee, I enjoyed it very much last night, though I mistook Chris Morris for Arthur Smith, stay off the Cake Chris, it's aging you badly.

Loved the interview segment where Morris tells Lee that he is holding back progress and maintaining authoritarian regimes because he doesn't want underwear pop ups.

And the 'ton of shit' stuff on the phone was brilliant.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd March 2014, 3:42 PM GMT

I enjoyed it. I'm starting to find Chris Morris quite frightening though.

He looked oddly like Lou Reed. I mean, not as he looks today, "that would be hideous", but say 3 years ago.

I didn't like the first few minutes, all that "Lee Mack would do jokes like that" stuff is a bit old hat now, and not funny in the first place - certainly not sufficiently funnier than the actual Lee Mack-a-like joke to make it worthwhile. After that, it got much better, I really enjoyed it. Felt a tiny bit odd and ironic watching it online. And wanking.

Didn;t see the point of the final film though, it would have been much better if it it hadn't ended Morris' lovely "sometimes it's good to not speak".