Get Some In! Page 3

I watched it when it was on Forces TV. Thought it was alright but probably wouldn't watch it again.

Been watching the odd episode on TPTV, and this one was a bit of a treat as it had one of my favourite comedy actors in it for a one off - Alfred Marks as a Sergeant.

Never watched it but the chap on the right looked familiar. He was in A Hard Day's Night. A lot younger then but still recognisable.

Quote: MrApollo @ 23rd August 2022, 9:37 PM

Never watched it but the chap on the right looked familiar. He was in A Hard Day's Night. A lot younger then but still recognisable.

Bloody hell, you've got a good memory for faces, as yes, you are right. David Janson - don't remember him in the film, and was surprised to see he also played Herr Otto Flick in Allo Allo - this must have been later in the series, which I didn't follow to the very end, as I remember the blond Richard Gibson in that part.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd August 2022, 11:43 PM

Bloody hell, you've got a good memory for faces, as yes, you are right. David Janson - don't remember him in the film, and was surprised to see he also played Herr Otto Flick in Allo Allo - this must have been later in the series, which I didn't follow to the very end, as I remember the blond Richard Gibson in that part.

Oh yeah, I see it, the bloke on the far right! (The far right of the picture at the top of the thread, I mean, not politically...!)
Yeah, in the final series of Allo Allo, Herr Flick was played by him instead of Richard Gibson. And the story was that Herr Flick had plastic surgery! I probably wouldn't have noticed it was him if it hadn't been pointed out beforehand.

So what crosses my mind is why the actor was changed after such a long spell in the part? 79 episodes out of 85 - anyone know the reason? There's nothing on the IMDb to indicate illness etc.

Aaron? You're a mine in info. ?

Gibson quit, feeling the show had run its course.

David Janson was also Hyacinth Bucket's most regular long-suffering postman.

Thanks for that Aaron.

With only 6 more episodes to go! How odd,, but he seems to have been pretty much in work since, and maybe he prompted the producers to realise it had run its course.

And Yes! Mrs Bucket's postman - of course!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th August 2022, 9:18 AM

With only 6 more episodes to go! How odd

My memory's really hazy on this but I think he may have then been already cast in something else by the time he found out it was to be the final series anyway. But, unlike Sam Kelly, he doesn't regret the decision to leave.

'tler

Back to get some in....
I liked the corporal's wife. She was a bad actor but frightened the loudmouth bully to death.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th August 2022, 9:29 AM

'tler

Back to get some in....
I liked the corporal's wife. She was a bad actor but frightened the loudmouth bully to death.

Ha! There was a good one last week, when Jakey Smith (Robert Lindsay) tried to chat her up in the local pub (not knowing she was the corporal's wife), and she played him along, asking him what his corporal was like etc. to gain ammo for her arguments with him. Quite funny when it all came to a head.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd August 2022, 11:43 PM

He was also a nervous postman in Keeping Up Appearances. Whoops! Beaten to it!

Quote: Chappers @ 24th August 2022, 8:12 PM

He was also a nervous postman in Keeping Up Appearances. Whoops! Beaten to it!

Wasn't he also Wendy Richard's brother in The Newcomers? If anybody remembers that.

blank face.........

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th August 2022, 10:28 PM

Wasn't he also Wendy Richard's brother in The Newcomers? If anybody remembers that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th August 2022, 11:10 PM

blank face.........

The Newcomers was BBC's first attempt, back in the mid-60s, at a soap to rival Coronation Street. Long before Eastenders was ever conceived. It was on two days a week {Tues/Thurs?) and alternated with United (Mon/Weds?). Campbell Singer, who occasionally pops up in some film on TPTV, was in it too. As Mr Burroughs as I recall.