Want to start something new?

Lawyer looking for an escape from the 9 - 5 - and to start up a new comedy company - I just want to make people laugh (and get paid for it).

Want in? Show me what you've got. At the moment I've got nothing other than passion, determinate and a sense of humour.

Last year I got the ball rolling on a company called Egg and Spoon Comedy. Had a great response but had to put it on the back burner for a while. Now I'm back and ready to go.

Also my @Diaryofalondona launched yesterday and is growing slowly but surely.

Here is the ad I put out for E&S Comedy last year:

Hi,

I'm looking for a few people to start a YouTube channel with in the not-so-distant future. I'm looking to find 3 people that will work well with one another and bounce off each other and result in something funny. It is very important that everyone chosen works well with one another and shares an interest in similar comedy themes. I'm hoping that applicants will have some kind of experience in video editing...

If this sparks an interest then carry on reading. ...

Requirements:
You'll be between 20 and 30 in age
You'll be very enthusiastic about making comedy
You'll be motivated
You'll have experience in writing comedy scripts and sketches
You'll be good at putting visual moving images together
You'll have basic video recording equipment
You'll be dedicated to getting material out as and when needed and have time for filming
You'll be flexible in your ability to write/film/record
You'll have new, fresh ideas for comedy/sketches
You'll be relaxed, laid back and open minded
You'll be funny..

About me:
I'm 25 and finished a law degree a few years ago. I have always wanted to start writing sketch shows and comedy but just need the people to do it with me. YouTube is an excellent medium to get our ideas out into the public domain and I want to utilise it to its full potential.

I'd like to say that this is a start up project and no to little remuneration can be offered... I hope this doesn't put you off. The channel will be developed from scratch with me and all the successful candidates.

If you're interested then please do ONE of the following things:

1- Send a CV with your experiences to date. I understand that you may not want to include personal information at this stage of the application process. I would ask that you do include at least an email address or telephone number so I can contact you; OR
2-Send a statement of why you should be chosen for the role; OR
3-Send a short 1-2minute video of why you should be chosen; OR
4-Send a video showreel of your experience

If you think there is any other way you can show your creativity then please do so..

All information sent will be kept for a total of 14 days and then permanently deleted. If you haven't heard back within this time it means you haven't been successful

If you think you fit the bill then contact me.

This is an ongoing search so therefore no deadline.

So that was it - a bit tongue in cheek - but hope to get a response. Let me know

Well if your a lawyer you ain't too bright since your posting this in the wrong section of the forums!

What the hell is it with age fascism.

20-30 scared anyone under 20 will do nothing but make jokes about Justin Beiber or school.

And those of us over 30 will just go on about the good old day, riding a dinosaur to work and how there weren't any foreigners, because the continents hadn't split.

For someone with zero resources, background or even plan to remunerate your contributors I wish you the best of luck.

You'll need it.

God awful, like a job description, only there's no job.

You probably have to wear skinny jeans, too.

Why do skinny jeans get such a bad press? Must be the material, mind you, I don't actually press mine.

I'm just jealous because I can't get into them.

I wear mine on my arms.

Anyway, everyone knows, arms are the new legs.

Quote: Luke Peter @ 6th February 2014, 2:26 PM GMT

I have always wanted to start writing sketch shows and comedy but just need the people to do it with me.

Why? Do you in fact mean 'do it for you'? Writing is an ideal lone pursuit, why would you want to complicate the process before you start?

I don't think the OP meant "tongue in cheek" though he might as well have done.