Moone Boy - Series 2

Sitcom with Chris O'Dowd. Series 1 aired in Autumn 2012 and was fairly decent, some parts were better than others IMO but a second series is finally here after an unknown long wait. I personally probably won't tune in to the new series after not been a massive fan of the first series but I'm sure if there's nothing else on, I may well give it a look.

Discuss the new series here.

Jeez, I think it deserves a bit more fanfare than that!
I shall be tuning in, really enjoyed it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/moone_boy/

Am I the only one that watched this??

Lovely opening episode with the Italia 90, I remember all the fuss at home at the time, Jackie Charlton was the King of Ireland!
Great acting, loving the family, ordinary yet funny. A bit that didn't come across so well was the old woman on the rock speaking Irish, felt a bit shoehorned in somehow but looking forward to more next week.

Great writing, great performances, great production.

Always funny and heartwarming this. Good to have it back.

:)

Episode one was really fun. Lots of laughs and charm. 'I only eat peas'.

Really enjoyed this. Nice to have some good comedy back on the telly - Uncle (sadly just finished), this, Inside Number 9...

It's a treat, really got its own feel to it. Loved the Dirty Dancing at the school disco. :D

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 25th February 2014, 11:32 AM GMT

It's a treat, really got its own feel to it. Loved the Dirty Dancing at the school disco. :D

I only started watching this last night. The Dirty Dancing episode was the first I'd watched. I laughed myself silly.

I'm loving the 2nd series. The Italia '90 episode was brilliantly observed. The country basically shut down while it was on and Jack Charlton became a God in Ireland. I got his autograph as a 10 year old when he hopped out of a helicopter at Glenstal Abbey.

Last night's episode was lots of fun with some nice turns by Bressie as the PE teacher and Amy Huberman as the art teacher.

It's nice, silly fun and I enjoyed it more than any sitcom I've see in the last while.

Excellent. BBC sitcoms and comedies could learn a lot from Sky.

Brilliant second episode. If this was on a Freeview channel it would be a huge hit.

Another great episode, this time featuring mad Tom from Father Ted. Pity it seems to have so few fans on here.

This continues to impress. Many laughs in each episode.

Martin and Padraic are excellent.

Fabulous episode last night and an excellent cameo from Simon Day. Wonder if he ever got the Sega Megadrive??

I've got 2 episodes to catch up on, but I've really enjoyed it. Sitting in with the Romanian family was a great idea.