When Meeting New People Page 2

I see what you're saying but if you have the talent and the inkling then it might be worth keeping your hand in....if you stop completely the ideas will just dry up. Remember Ben...none of us regulars got anywhere with 2525!

2525 wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back or anything. I'll still have a stab at open submissions coming up, but there does come a point where you need to prioritise other things in life.

My retro telly blog keeps me writing regularly, but obviously it's very different to writing scripts.

I think the BBC has a certain style and as the only game in town they can afford to be choosy.
There's some current and alumni BCGers who've mastered it, got stuff in multiple shows invited to meetings.
And still not the level above.
I kind of gave up, you can only write so many times for a show you just don't get.
So I understand where Ben's coming from.
I suppose I sort of hope someone notices all the short advertorials I do on Elance and thinks.
Hmm if that guy can make a new e-mail app mildly amusing, he can make my show freaking hilarious.

I've somehow done okay whilst almost completely ignoring all those open submission radio shows; which is at once lucky and dumb. If I was starting again I'd certainly drive hard at them.

Matthew from what I now what you said you did, you worked very hard and were very persistent in putting yourself forward. Which combined with talent has got you some good results.
Well done.

If I had a pound for every time that happened to me, I'd be skint.