Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction. Copyright: BBC.

Chain Reaction

Comic chat show in which an individual from the world of entertainment selects someone that they would like to interview

Marissa

• Saturday 18th January 2014, 10:01pm
  • England
  • 77 posts

The Neil Innes/Grant Morrison one was particularly entertaining.

I never knew Innes had written a humourous introduction to Economics. I looked at it on Amazon: £676.99.

TheBlueNun

• Friday 14th November 2014, 9:44am
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts

This concept is bloody brilliant, I've caught up on the earlier series that I initially missed via BBC Radio Player as most of them are available on there at the moment. Stand out episodes have featured Simon Day and Paul Whitehouse plus the John Cooper-Clarke/Kevin Eldon one is really entertaining, especially as they discuss the mechanics of comedy writing and collaboration. It does meander into sycophancy at some points though, but that doesn't really detract from the quality.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Friday 16th October 2020, 9:19am
  • England
  • 17,322 posts

Hello, old thread man here again :D

Been picking a few of these up from R4+ on me digi-box. Haven't listened to them all (12 series!?), but the highlights for me were Sara Pascoe Interviews Harry Hill..............Harry Hill Interviews Tim Vine and Tim Vine Interviews Sir Ken Dodd.

Harry Hill was sublime and SO FUNNY. I was in hysterics with some of his jokes, and still chuckling about one of them all evening and this morning