Have I Got News For You - With or Without Deayton? Page 2

I remember Before They Were Famous. That should come back. I wonder why it went away.

You cant beat dirty filthy old Angus.

BTWF was just absolutely hilarious. I really wish they'd do more.

Can anyone remember Help Yourself? I thought that was one of the funniest things ITV have done ... ever.

Quote: Walker @ September 3, 2007, 1:23 PM

Can anyone remember Help Yourself? I thought that was one of the funniest things ITV have done ... ever.

Yeah, I do. I thought it was hilarious! Great subtitles written by Angus.

I prefered Angus hosting it, but loved Boris Johnson too.

I like Angus Deayton, and have no time for his detractors (they should listen to the mighty Radio Active if they want to see just how talented he is), but I think his ousting actually added some fresh energy to a fairly tired show. Sure, some have the guest hosts redefine lame, but for the most part they work quite well. That said, I'd really like to get Ian Hislop in a headlock and play the top of his head like a bongo drum. Smug bastard.

Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
x 1 trillion billion zillion Dirty Deayton's

Quote: Charley @ September 4, 2007, 2:51 PM

Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.

Or Anus Deayton as I like to call him or I will from now on as I've just thought of it, actually it's not that funny, so I won't.

Quote: chipolata @ September 4, 2007, 10:18 AM

I'd really like to get Ian Hislop in a headlock and play the top of his head like a bongo drum. Smug bastard.

Can I crack him like a bolied egg when you're done? (Or should I say "when he's done?) Huh?

Quote: Charley @ September 4, 2007, 2:51 PM

Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.
Dirty Deayton.

And yet, he doesn't have a thing on you, Charley.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ September 4, 2007, 4:21 PM

Can I crack him like a bolied egg when you're done? (Or should I say "when he's done?) Huh?

I read somewhere that Ian Hislop is afraid of spoons >_<

Wasn't there a sketch in Big Train about somebody scared of spoons? And they end up jumping out of a window to their death when somebody enters the room stirring his coffeee with one?

it's still one of my favourite shows.......taking the pee out of the pompous...............Jeffrey Archer for example.........come to think of it-they should invite Archer to be guest host sometime.........the arrogant git wouldn't be able to refuse............imagine how many lawyers they'd need on standby?.........with all the cuts in the offing they wouldn't be able to do it

Without. Never liked Deayton, he's a pompous twit. The show has a much nicer feel now, different chemistry each week and it's funnier.

Oh yeah, Angus Deayton or Kirsty Young? Tough one. Not.