Only Fools and Horses - Sport Relief Special Page 5

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd March 2014, 10:06 PM GMT

Yes but if I said the biennial sketch for Becks would it be as funny?

?

I thought the final scene was poignant as the writers had said that they had hoped that Roger Lloyd Pack would appear as Trigger before they knew how sick he was. Presumably he would have been there to look on as Beckham fell which could have been a lovely moment.

Quote: Nick @ 24th March 2014, 9:12 AM GMT

I thought the final scene was poignant as the writers had said that they had hoped that Roger Lloyd Pack would appear as Trigger before they knew how sick he was. Presumably he would have been there to look on as Beckham fell which could have been a lovely moment.

Oh yeah, never thought about that. Yup, a shame as it would have been a nice touch. :)

Why hasn't this Sport Relief Special been added to the episode list in the OFAH guide?

Quote: G180e @ 24th March 2014, 9:04 PM GMT

Why hasn't this Sport Relief Special been added to the episode list in the OFAH guide?

Wasn't there also a short special called Christmas Trees or something?

EDIT: I see it is in the guide.

EDIT II: Is it on one of the newer box sets? It isn't on my series 2 box.

I thought it was very enjoyable and Beckham's fall was as excellent as Jason's.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 24th March 2014, 9:15 PM GMT

EDIT II: Is it on one of the newer box sets? It isn't on my series 2 box.

No. No such specials are included by 2 Entertain/BBC DVD. They just don't seem to care about completeness, going the extra mile, special features. The only time I can think of they've included any such special sketches/episodes is the Dad's Army Series 2 release, where a number of episodes are missing.

It's a pity, these two short specials should be on every so called complete box set. Anyway, thanks for the reply, Aaron.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th March 2014, 11:38 PM GMT

No. No such specials are included by 2 Entertain/BBC DVD. They just don't seem to care about completeness, going the extra mile, special features. The only time I can think of they've included any such special sketches/episodes is the Dad's Army Series 2 release, where a number of episodes are missing.

The Funny Side of Christmas episode of Reginald Perrin is included on the box set.

My thoughts on the Sport Relief Special on my Blog: http://gregscomedyreviews.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/only-fools-horses-sport-relief-special-review/

Quote: Nick @ 25th March 2014, 4:52 AM GMT

The Funny Side of Christmas episode of Reginald Perrin is included on the box set.

Good call - but if that's the recent re-released set, they've traded that in place of massive cuts to the episodes proper. :(

http://www.steveclark.co.uk/exclusive-fools-horses-sport-relief-sketch-script-trigger/

Quote: Nil Putters @ 31st January 2015, 3:23 PM GMT

http://www.steveclark.co.uk/exclusive-fools-horses-sport-relief-sketch-script-trigger/

Shame Roger was too ill to appear. I loved the sketch and cannot believe it has been nearly a year since it aired! When I was reading the David Jason Interview on here yesterday, it annoyed me that he referred to it as "Children in Need Special" when it was done for Sport Relief, it's almost as if he just went there filmed it and never thought about it ever again. I thought it was silly of him to forget what charity it was for.

That could well have been bad editing on Gold's part, Greg.