Only Fools and Horses - Sport Relief Special Page 3

Beckham, really? Beckham?

Huh?

Quote: zoenel @ 12th January 2014, 4:57 PM GMT

26 million

Where is this figure coming from? I've just researched the hashtag #bringbackonlyfools, and I can only find an exposure of nearly 233,000?

Not really sure what to say on the Beckham front, but I am quite looking forward to the sketch! David Jason actually still looks good as Del Boy when he puts the cap on.

Quote: G180e @ 21st January 2014, 2:56 PM GMT

David Jason actually still looks good as Del Boy when he puts the cap on.

Exactly what I thought. It's like a magic cap...the somewhat senile looking old actor disappears and the ever agile Del Boy appears.

It's the day we've been waiting for, anyone exciting?

Quote: G180e @ 21st March 2014, 4:37 PM GMT

It's the day we've been waiting for, anyone exciting?

I'm very looking forward to it.

The sketch was ok at best...but Jason and Lyndhurst still got it, even if they look like their own grandfathers now. It nearly had the classic feel.

OK.....

Not bad as a charity sketch but nothing more than that.

Well, I actually thought the sketch was quite good it had a sort-of classic feel to it and didn't batter the original OFAH. It was a good laugh for charity, but I wouldn't like to see anymore new episodes without John Sullivan writing them but aside from that not a bad sketch, rather decent on the whole and David Beckham proved to be quite good.

Quote: G180e @ 22nd March 2014, 8:45 AM GMT

Well, I actually thought the sketch was quite good it had a sort-of classic feel to it and didn't batter the original OFAH. It was a good laugh for charity, but I wouldn't like to see anymore new episodes without John Sullivan writing them but aside from that not a bad sketch, rather decent on the whole and David Beckham proved to be quite good.

Wasn't going to comment anymore, but yes, I thought David did quite well as he could have come over as quite wooden in the acting, and I thought it was a nice salute to the classic Del falling sideways through the club bar.

Even Trigger got a mention, bless him and a dedication at the end along with JS. :)

Quote: G180e @ 22nd March 2014, 8:45 AM GMT

Completely agree with everything you said. Good nostalgic fun but it's not the same without John Sullivan writing it.

I don't really want to see any new episodes made, but I wouldn't object if the Sullivan brothers (with perhaps some other writers) tried another spin off. Perhaps based around the now grown up Damien with Del, Rodders and the rest of the cast (who are still with us) making supporting appearances. Then if it wasn't any good it wouldn't tarnish the original, if it was good, Cushty!

A fantastic funny sketch. Should have new episodes

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 22nd March 2014, 11:26 AM GMT

...another spin off. Perhaps based around the now grown up Damien...

Hated Tyler in Green Green Grass. Don't see how it possibly could be different with Damien whom I even hated in the original show.

It's here if you want to watch it - or re-watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9H6Yxq1-EQ