Only Fools and Horses - Sport Relief Special Page 2

Just scanned but didn't see.

Who wrote this? Is Jim John's son?

Del Boy and Rodney to return for a one-off Only Fools and Horses sketch for Sport Relief

Actors David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst will reprise their roles as Del and Rodney in a short sketch written by Jim Sullivan and Dan Sullivan which includes previously unused material written by their father John Sullivan OBE, who created and wrote every episode of the series.

Jim Sullivan says: "Since Dad passed away back in April 2011 we have been asked a few times whether we'd be interested in writing any new material for Only Fools and we have always said no, our intention being to protect the work and not to attempt adding to it.

"However, Sport Relief being such a worthy cause, and with the opportunity to help raise a lot of money, we felt things were different this time, and we also knew that Dad would approve.

"So we put together a sketch, incorporating some of Dad's old notes - bits of dialogue for the show that he never found a place for - and, thankfully, the response was positive and everyone got behind it.

"Working on the sketch has been a lot of fun, but also quite daunting. The characters are so well loved, but we do feel we know and care for them enough to give them back their voices just this once.

"And we would like to make it clear that it is just this once, and that we are not, and never have been, looking to write any new episodes. There was only ever one writer of Only Fools and Horses, and it is going to stay that way."

http://shazamtv.com/blog/

Quote: Dave @ 5th January 2014, 8:08 PM GMT

Newsflash, Emma: it's just a sketch.

And only a few minutes according to newspapers.

It depends if it's a {insert name of writer it is currently vogue to insult here}.

Quote: Tim Azure @ 7th January 2014, 11:06 AM GMT

How much editing does a few minutes' worth of script need?

It's not going to be on TV till March, Tim and plus they probably will want to get it right and make sure it isn't rubbish.

I find it very hard to get excited about a sketch. It seems so trivial compared to a proper episode.

I just don't see the point in bothering with reviving it just for a sketch, big letdown, thought it might be one last 60 minute episode for easter or Christmas. I wouldn't bother with it at all.

So we going to tweet for it come back, like David Jason says? I certainly am.

Quote: Tim Azure @ 9th January 2014, 2:06 PM GMT

And if he told you to jump off a cliff, would you do that? Angry

Only if I was in a handglider.

"Rodney, is that our car phone I hear ringing?"

I think David Jason might be confusing Twitter with the programme controller of BBC1...

Thing is, due to them not making it clear that it's just a sketch, the world and his wife are saying, "Did you hear Only Fools and Horses is coming back?", thinking it's a proper episode. It starts the whole thing off on the wrong foot.

It's obvious then that David Jason hasn't got any work on and fancies a bit of extra cash if he wants to bring it back without John Sullivan at the helm. No, sorry just leave it alone and let it remain "a classic comedy show".

Quote: G180e @ 10th January 2014, 2:44 PM GMT

No, sorry just leave it alone and let it remain "a classic comedy show".

No need to apologise, it's not you that's stopped it coming back.

Bring it back is the best news ever. I love this show and I think the show has another 10 years in it. Don't leave it bring it back. Still Open All Hours was amazing so this will be too

Hi. Only Fools And Horses is the best show on televison. Ever. And I would welcome a new series, as would the upwards of 26 million who've signed the petition #bringbackonlyfools on Twitter asking for a new series. So it just shows there are people out there who love the show and want a new series.