Rab C. Nesbitt Special

Rab C. Nesbitt. Rab C. Nesbitt (Gregor Fisher). Copyright: The Comedy Unit.

Rab C. Nesbitt

Long-running Scottish sitcom starring Gregor Fisher as Rab C Nesbitt, a rude, dirty, lazy, foul-mouthed, sexist alcoholic

beaky

• Thursday 2nd January 2014, 4:16pm
  • Malaga and Brighton, United Kingdom
  • 2,744 posts

(dons string vest)

whatkindoffoolami

• Thursday 2nd January 2014, 9:32pm
  • Hull, England
  • 167 posts

Never watched Rab before, but having discovered and fell in love with another Scottish sitcom (Still Game) recently, I'll give it a go.

There's nothing else on anyway so why not.

Father Jack

• Friday 3rd January 2014, 5:43am [Edited]
  • Herefordshire, England
  • 64 posts

Gregor Fisher does it again. Top class Rab C. Nesbitt. I laughed my head off all the way through it. Some of my freinds have said they can't understand a word he says but I have no such problems - I must have a Glasgow gene somewhere in my English DNA. As soon as I heard Rab's voice I knew I was in for a treat and I wasn't disappointed; it was great to see the whole crew back together again, so much so that I hadn't realised how much I'd missed this show and it's about time the show was a regular fixture again/ As Rab says "the scum always rises to the top" and long may it do so.

EmmaOohLaLa

• Sunday 5th January 2014, 7:51pm [Edited]
  • Coventry, England
  • 21 posts
Quote: Father Jack @ 3rd January 2014, 5:43 AM GMT

Gregor Fisher does it again. Top class Rab C. Nesbitt. I laughed my head off all the way through it. Some of my freinds have said they can't understand a word he says but I have no such problems - I must have a Glasgow gene somewhere in my English DNA. As soon as I heard Rab's voice I knew I was in for a treat and I wasn't disappointed; it was great to see the whole crew back together again, so much so that I hadn't realised how much I'd missed this show and it's about time the show was a regular fixture again/ As Rab says "the scum always rises to the top" and long may it do so.

I complete agree with this post. Loved the show. Would everyone like another series? I know I would!!

Alfred J Kipper

• Sunday 5th January 2014, 8:41pm
  • Aldershot, England
  • 6,364 posts

It was a highly under rated sitcom, especially in its best period, never gets much forum praise and came amazingly low on that odd sitcom top 50 list. But if it wasn't Scottish I doubt we'd have seen so much of it, they tend to get easier recommissions if half good because of the box ticking thing. I think if it had ended sooner, near its best then it may be higher rated now. Fantastic characters, very good writing at its peak. Shall watch special soon.