Babylon

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/babylon/

I am looking forward to this how about you?

Give me The Thin Blue Line any day!

I've only seen one ad, but it looked rather good!

There're big hopes for this. It looks good by the trailers but only time will tell. Has anyone noticed how Bain and Armstrong are doing a lot more writing away from Peep Show now? As much as Peep Show has become this tired joke of a show in the past few series I would still like to see it go out on a bang. Irony is that the bigger a hit Babylon is the worse Peep Show will be.

Quote: tonecapone @ 9th February 2014, 12:31 PM GMT

Has anyone noticed how Bain and Armstrong are doing a lot more writing away from Peep Show now?

They're two of the best comedy writers in Britain - I'm sure they've got loads of ideas for other shows and are massively in demand.

Quote: tonecapone @ 9th February 2014, 12:31 PM GMT

Irony is that the bigger a hit Babylon is the worse Peep Show will be.

Not necessarily.

I turned over. I don't think I need to say any more really.

I thought it was a perfectly decent drama - if, for my taste unnecessarily unpleasant (I get tired of drama where everyone is somewhere between deeply flawed and thoroughly brutal). The thing is, I suspect if this hadn't been written by Bain & Armstrong, someone would at some point have said, "Why are there about 5 weird jokes sprinkled randomly over a 90 minute political thriller? They make no sense, cut them".

And they would have been right.

Strange, I don't know quite how I felt about it. Funny in places, some good acting, but lots of confusion as to what was going on. Bit muddled.

Didn't grab me, but then again I wasn't really paying attention, but I don't know if that's because it didn't grab me or just because I wasn't paying enough attention for it to grab me.

I like Peep Show and Fresh Meat so gave this a try. Turned off after 10 minutes - not my cup of tea at all.

Who was the guy at the beginning being tasered? I thought good scene, funny character...then it and he were never mentioned again? What happened to 'enter the story as late as possible'?

Thought James Nesbitt was very good though.

Apparently 6 part series now being filmed - I don't know why they bothered?!

I remember it being terribly uneven annoyingly two excellent story lines, dramedy about the fire arms team and good old sitcom about the riot squad. But they clashed and cancelled each other out, and a draggingly dull sub Thick of It third strand about power politics.
And all too long, too vicious and just not funny enough.

Managed to get round to watching the Pilot. Neither here nor there for me personally, definitely nothing to go mad over. I'm shocked to hear a six-part series is in the works too.

Watched episode 1 of the new series last night. All of the comments about the pilot still apply - it was confused, not funny and a waste of a mainly brilliant cast. The PR girl has zero comic timing, she and Nesbitt inhabit different acting planets.