Meet David Sedaris

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/meet_david_sedaris/

Anyone listens to this?

Tried reading two of his books. Couldn't bear his folksy style. Didn't find him remotely funny. I kept thinking: "Who gives a toss what you think? You're neither interesting nor amusing."

Astonishing that people will read such tosh. Still, I myself am becoming increasingly enamored of snooping tuck from Coker of the Fifth.

Have rather enjoyed his radio programmes. He is not a terribly likeable man, but I think he knows this.

If you lived in upstate New York you'd find him hilarious!

But of course you don't.

Nor do I.

Live in Upstate New York, I mean...

Maybe if all his naysayers moved to Upstate New York they'd appreciate his singular genius? Maybe he'd finally have "a following"? All these pilgrims crossing the seas to gather at his feet and hear hilarious book reading seminar anecdotes.

Then maybe he'd finally get laid by a normal person? Not like Mary from Long Island who parents
reassured her that if she slept with a whimsical satirist she would be cured of her MS and never have to order side salads by herself ever, ever again. You get the gist, Limey assholes , I'm not exactly Woody Allen...

Bollocks.., this schtick really is tiring and tedious... (

'And next on Radio Four...'

Quite. I enjoyed reading Without Feathers and Side Effects when I found them in a second-hand store when I was a child. In some ways like an American Spike Milligan.

I just tried tackling Me Talk Pretty One Day again this morning, and I feel his intended audience is pretentious halfwits with no life experience. I get more pleasure and learning from a Billy Bunter book than I do from this geezer.

Quote: Kenneth @ 31st December 2013, 7:02 AM GMT

I just tried tackling Me Talk Pretty One Day again this morning, and I feel his intended audience is pretentious halfwits with no life experience.

Thanks Kenneth! I like you too...

I don't really see how funny, silly stories about being an Elf for a department store and smoking on a bench in the park can get someone so riled up and keen to insult people who enjoy his books. But there we are!

(And I don't know what New York has to do with anything, he's from some place in North Carolina, and I believe lives in Paris.)

Quote: zooo @ 31st December 2013, 10:29 AM GMT

Thanks Kenneth! I like you too...

I don't really see how funny, silly stories about being an Elf for a department store and smoking on a bench in the park can get someone so riled up and keen to insult people who enjoy his books.

Not riled. Mildly bewildered or bemused. No insults intended. Was just curious about his intended audience.

And Happy New Year to you. I've abstained from inebriation and lechery tonight, mostly.