Not Going Out Christmas Special 2013 Page 2

The special wasn't too bad but it wasn't that great eitheir. Some laughs in there and was definitely better than Series 6, I really wish Tim would come back, it just isn't the same without him.

Fun episode with the best laughs coming when Lee and Bobby were sharing the screen.

Quote: Dave @ 29th December 2013, 11:26 AM GMT

I thought it was good - much better than Series 6. I was very surprised when Tim Vine announced he was leaving. It was a bad decision on his part, I think, but he must have had his reasons. I think they need to bring someone in who can be a rival for Lucy's affections. Someone who can be the butt of all Lee's jokes - like Simon Dutton's character in the second series had been. To be fair to Mack, it must be difficult coming up with a new character who can not only share a particular dynamic with his character but also have another sort of dynamic with the other characters.

I got his book last Christmas, btw, and he came across as incredibly perceptive and really knew what he's doing.

I agree, but I don't think the rival should be in a relationship with Lucy. They could really mix it up assuming Lucy likes Lee but doesn't know herself by bringing in a character that likes Lee but the downside if that is they're bringing in another female (which isn't a bad thing) they just need another lead male.

Lee does know what he's doing with the sitcom. Unlike others he's researched into how to write it and what people like out of sitcoms and he's learnt from American sitcoms which do really well.

Quote: ErinT @ 29th December 2013, 2:17 PM GMT

I agree, but I don't think the rival should be in a relationship with Lucy. They could really mix it up assuming Lucy likes Lee but doesn't know herself by bringing in a character that likes Lee

I agree, I think that dynamic would be an interesting one.

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2013, 2:29 PM GMT

I agree, I think that dynamic would be an interesting one.

Ye, they could have some really good plot lines and jokes coming off of that one.