Not Going Out Christmas Special 2013

Thought this was a good one, some great lines, Dump and Shake stood out

Re Me

That was such a good special.

First came the bypass. Then they opened a Tesco Express and I was b*ggered.

These things always come in threes.

Three chuckles in 45 minutes from me. The show really doesn't do it for me any more. Shame, I was one of its biggest fans in the early series.

Average

Very average

Come back Tim

It wasn't exactly the Citizen Kane of comedy (during certain phases not even the Citizen Khan ;) ) but I did enjoy it on the whole. Harmless little fun is ok at Christmas time. The Daisy character is annoying at times though.

I think they're still adjusting to not having Tim Vine in the series anymore. When and if they bring in another lead character that's when the gags will get better. Lee doesn't have someone to bounce off of anymore because Sally Bretton (Lucy) plays the straight character has done from the start and Katy Wix (Daisy) is there to add more laughs into the programme as the dippy character.

If they bring another lead character in they're going to have some connection to Lucy. Them then being protective of Lucy and not wanting Lee to get together with her. This hasn't been played on much in the last series but had done in the Christmas special in the form of Lucy's dad. I think the protectiveness of Lucy of the current series has allowed them to become closer which I like. But

Anyway, they might not even have to bring in a new character in because Lee Mack has said that the current format is being brought to a conclusion. which I think after 7-8 years is a good idea. We need new storylines that they can play off of. Then there is the talk of bringing the whole programme to an end. I'd rather see how the change in format will affect the show and then they make the decision after one series of that sort of format whether to carry on or finish.

I still really love this programme even if it has suffered the loss of Tim Vine this year. For loosing such a big influence I think they've done pretty good assuming most people wouldn't like that change anyway. They've handled it well and were excepting this reaction and Lee Mack has openly said why they didn't bring in a new character straight away which I have to agree with him he has made the right decision. After all it was Tim Vine's decision to leave/

Quote: ErinT @ 26th December 2013, 5:04 PM GMT

When and if they bring in another lead character that's when the gags will get better. Lee doesn't have someone to bounce off of anymore because Sally Bretton (Lucy) plays the straight character has done from the start and Katy Wix (Daisy) is there to add more laughs into the programme as the dippy character.

My thoughts exactly.

I loved this year's Christmas special. Really funny and great moments from this sitcom.

Repeated tonight at 11 so I'll give it a go - after Jonathan Creek.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th December 2013, 9:18 PM GMT

Repeated tonight at 11 so I'll give it a go - after Jonathan Creek.

Same here. Heard good things so I'm hoping it will be good.

I really did enjoy this episode. It's more like the episodes before Series 6. I think having Lucy's dad there to be protective of her and Lee to make jokes out of that helped. It's the best it's been this series.

Does anyone have any inclination as to when the Series 6 DVD is out? I'm hoping they put the alternative ending on it because I really want to see it.

Quote: ErinT @ 27th December 2013, 9:57 PM GMT

I really did enjoy this episode. It's more like the episodes before Series 6. I think having Lucy's dad there to be protective of her and Lee to make jokes out of that helped. It's the best it's been this series.

Does anyone have any inclination as to when the Series 6 DVD is out? I'm hoping they put the alternative ending on it because I really want to see it.

I wondered when it was due out too, I heard rumours that it was due out in January 2014 but this is probably unofficial.

Quote: G180e @ 27th December 2013, 10:10 PM GMT

I wondered when it was due out too, I heard rumours that it was due out in January 2014 but this is probably unofficial.

Thanks.

I'm not going to lie I did still enjoy series 6 although it wasn't as good as previous series. I liked that they built more on the character storylines and concentrated on that. Now that's all they've got to do is find the perfect balance between story and jokes.

Also, I'm hoping Lee doesn't finish the series next year, he's better off changing the format, see how that goes down with the audience after doing another series and then decide wether to finish or not.

I thought it was good - much better than Series 6. I was very surprised when Tim Vine announced he was leaving. It was a bad decision on his part, I think, but he must have had his reasons. I think they need to bring someone in who can be a rival for Lucy's affections. Someone who can be the butt of all Lee's jokes - like Simon Dutton's character in the second series had been. To be fair to Mack, it must be difficult coming up with a new character who can not only share a particular dynamic with his character but also have another sort of dynamic with the other characters.

I got his book last Christmas, btw, and he came across as incredibly perceptive and really knew what he's doing.