Porridge: Inside Out

This looks a great watch. I can't wait. It starts in 2014. I loved Porridge and Going Straight.

I can't wait for this.

Can't wait either, still feel Porridge is the greatest sitcom ever made so loking forward to hearing behind the scenes stories.

Would love to see that but I don't have the bloody channel. Angry

I have very much enjoyed this series so far.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th May 2014, 8:31 PM BST

Would love to see that but I don't have the bloody channel. Angry

Me neither.

Just managed to catch up with these and I have to say it was great, Gold covered all the great bits of trivia and went in depth to the show. Plus, the interviews with Clement, La Frenais and others were great. Loved hearing their viewers on the show. A top notch documentary series about Porridge!

Just watched this on Yesterday - Porridge deserves all the praise it got. Brilliant!

But why ignore Richard Beckinsale's other daughter, Samantha? She must miss her father just as much and he was very fond of her. I'm sure he would not like the way she's ben airbrushed out of his memorials!

Maybe she's just a very private person who has never sought fame or anything like that?

Quote: Lobeydosser @ 29th December 2015, 9:13 PM GMT

Just watched this on Yesterday - Porridge deserves all the praise it got. Brilliant!

But why ignore Richard Beckinsale's other daughter, Samantha? She must miss her father just as much and he was very fond of her. I'm sure he would not like the way she's ben airbrushed out of his memorials!

And I always fancied his wife - the gorgeous Judy Loe.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th December 2015, 9:44 PM GMT

Maybe she's just a very private person who has never sought fame or anything like that?

Unlike her sister, who craves it! (Even has a website calling herself 'the amazing Beckinsale)! No, Samantha is also an actress but she was not invited to the unveiling of a memorial to her father, nor was she mentioned on the headstone erected in his memory. That omission was plain mean! Richard would have disliked that - he loved both his daughters but there seems to have been an effort to airbrush Samantha out of the equation - and she is so like him!

Quote: Lobeydosser @ 30th December 2015, 10:44 PM GMT

Unlike her sister, who craves it! (Even has a website calling herself 'the amazing Beckinsale)! No, Samantha is also an actress but she was not invited to the unveiling of a memorial to her father, nor was she mentioned on the headstone erected in his memory. That omission was plain mean! Richard would have disliked that - he loved both his daughters but there seems to have been an effort to airbrush Samantha out of the equation - and she is so like him!

Agree it is mean of them to do that.

Quote: Lobeydosser @ 30th December 2015, 10:44 PM GMT

Samantha - and she is so like him!

Uncannily like him, and dare I say the most attractive of the two.

Does no-one fancy his wife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdfeOk5-FO8

She is the spitting image of him.

http://www.giltbrook.co.uk/images/sammy003.jpg