Catherine Tate's Nan

Very happy to see this will be getting aired finally. I very much loved The Catherine Tate Show when it was on and I'm glad Catherine has decided to carry on with the Nan character and hopefully we will see a full series after this one-off pilot. :D

Much funnier than I was expecting!
And the kid is brilliant (as she also was in Walking And Talking).

What utter dross - televisual equivalent of diarrhoea!

I've found it a lot funnier than I usually find the nan sketches.

I really enjoyed it. Great to see Catherine Tate back. A lot more entertaining and funnier than the new recent comedies on the BBC!

A full series please!

Really enjoyed it too, great to see Nan back on our screens in a full length episode. Would love to see a series! Hopefully one is on the way soon.

I very much enjoyed this.

I thought it had an old-fashioned feel (other than the swearing). A bit like Harry Worth.

I thought this was great and it was hilarious and very funny. Loved how they planned this, also I hope Catherine Tate writes another one.

Well done Tatie. She's not bothered about opposing the hypocritical PC scriptures.

Not a big fan of the sketch show but I kind of enjoyed this. Mainly because 'Nan' is incredibly similar to my (deceased) great Grandma.

Having never seen the Catherine Tate show I wasn't familiar with the character so I went in blind. Have to say it wasn't half bad. Few LOL moments and Alice was a key part IMHO. Wouldn't mind a series or 2 of this.

It's not good to see her back at all. This and her sketch show are utter shite. They cater for the kind of mouth-breathing morons who like 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.'

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ 5th January 2014, 1:34 AM GMT

I'm a bit of a twat

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Aw, another person who isn't satisfied with saying a show is crap, they have to try to insult all the people before them in the thread who've said they enjoyed it.

Does it give some sort of sexual thrill to be needlessly rude to others for no reason? I can't imagine why people do it otherwise.

Quote: TBone @ 8th January 2014, 8:17 PM GMT

It's not good to see her back at all. This and her sketch show are utter shite. They cater for the kind of mouth-breathing morons who like 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.'

That's not very nice. I enjoyed 'Nan' but never liked 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' (the sitcom or the drink, but I do like crisps).

Although with only 7 GCSEs and a bad cold, I guess I am a mouth breathing moron.

Nan is really a hit and miss. Sometimes she hits the comic nerve but there are times when it's just 'WTF?'

I actually prefer Tate's other psychotic/delusional characters.