Tell us a joke Page 17

Quote: Nick81 @ 28th January 2014, 8:24 PM GMT

Watching TV with my wife on Saturday night, I realised the exact moment I didn't want to be with her anymore.

"Those numbers again, in numerical order are 6, 10, 26, 32, 35 and 48."

saw this one on sickipedia earlier - did you post it there?

EDIT: Just realised the names match. Ignore me I'm new and my brain is garbage.

First one isn't bad but it doesn't totally make sense.

Quote: JoeB @ 28th January 2014, 8:26 PM GMT

saw this one on sickipedia earlier - did you post it there?

EDIT: Just realised the names match. Ignore me I'm new and my brain is garbage.

First one isn't bad but it doesn't totally make sense.

Our window cleaner doesn't half do a thorough job.

Twice I've come home in the past month to find him cleaning the inside of our bedroom window, whilst embarrassingly my wife is still in bed.

Doesn't make sense? His wife is obviously playing away and the protagonist is oblivious.

Quote: Nick81 @ 28th January 2014, 8:49 PM GMT

Doesn't make sense? His wife is obviously playing away and the protagonist is oblivious.

Yes you are correct - It's obvious what is going on, but it doesn't make sense as a joke.

The punch line is longer than the set up, it feels awkward. It makes more sense if you reverse the two lines, plus it leaves a bit of playful ambiguity over whether the husband is genuinely oblivious, doesn't care that his wife is cheating, or if he's just mad for clean windows.

Quote: JoeB @ 28th January 2014, 9:03 PM GMT

Yes you are correct - It's obvious what is going on, but it doesn't make sense as a joke.

The punch line is longer than the set up, it feels awkward. It makes more sense if you reverse the two lines, plus it leaves a bit of playful ambiguity over whether the husband is genuinely oblivious, doesn't care that his wife is cheating, or if he's just mad for clean windows.

I see what you're getting at, but it's good to go ;)

Quote: Nick81 @ 28th January 2014, 9:08 PM GMT

I see what you're getting at, but it's good to go ;)

fair enough. It's probably better to try and be true to the joke you wrote. Sorry if I wasn't clear before!

Quote: JoeB @ 28th January 2014, 9:22 PM GMT

fair enough. It's probably better to try and be true to the joke you wrote. Sorry if I wasn't clear before!

Excellent feedback though, much appreciated :)

Quote: sootyj @ 28th January 2014, 8:26 PM GMT

The BBC should make the Lego movie
Kids have been saying Lego to their presenters for years.

Now that's funny

There were five in the bed, and the little one said -

"These NHS cuts are getting a bit much."

nice one Nick81

We should rename this post "Nickapedia" lol

I know a scientist who has boils that might be filled with lemonade.
Theoretical Fizzy Cysts.

My mate went to a fancy dress party dressed like a Nipple. He liked it but I thought he looked like a tit.

Quote: danphobic @ 29th January 2014, 1:43 PM GMT

I know a scientist who has boils that might be filled with lemonade.
Theoretical Fizzy Cysts.

Do they study Boyles law

I always thought a man bag was an ugly transvestite.

In late breaking news the Coronation Street cast is to give evidence at the trial of Bill Roache. Sorry, my mistake. It's the Coronation Street cat.

Burglars. Avoid inconvenient criminal charges by breaking into people's property but only nicking stuff from their bins.

Nathan Filer's Costa Book Prize remains uncollected, mainly because the presenter keeps asking for someone called Norton to come and pick it up.

Traffic chaos on the M5, as most of Norfolk heads for the Somerset Levels desperate to put their webbed hands and feet to good use.

Inspired by Kevin Costner's "Waterworld", residents of Somerset are building a new, water-based society on the flooded levels. Outsiders have been warned to stay away from Getorfmy Land.

I think it's great for Madonna to be taking Miley Cyrus under her bingo wings. It'll be good for Miley to have another strong masculine role-model in her life.