Mrs. Brown's Boys - Christmas Specials 2013

One of my all time favourite sitcoms, Mrs Brown's Boys returns on Christmas Day for a new Christmas special and there is also a New Year Special on 30th December.

Anybody else looking forward to these 2 new specials?

:( Sorry, no!

Absolutely!!! Especially now that I can watch it on iPlayer!! Laughing out loud

Not particularly looking forward to it but I might enjoy it anyway, I don't mind Mrs Brown's Boys.

I'll be at my Mum and Dad's house for Christmas night and they're fans so I'll probably end up see it!

Brilliant Christmas special, has to be one of the best sitcoms around, certainly at the top of its game!

Not an avid watcher have to say, it's annoying and vulgar and the language is appalling and there's way too many people in it and it's not quite my cup of tea but whenever I see snippets of it I do find it very funny. The gay son in a pink panther suit, his boyfriend annoying Mrs Brown made me laugh, O'Carrol has chiselled out a good old fashioned if a bit coarse genuine laugh filled show, I think he deserves the success of it. Would like to see him try a new show on his own, without his 40year old labour of love Mrs Brown. And why isn't he on panel shows? he's a very funny bloke.

Vulgar, Coarse, Rude, Crude....I LOVED every minute of it and wish he'd bring the show back!

Jesus feckin' f**king Christ.

Depressingly, it just goes to show that you can burn down as many seaside end-of-piers as you like, but you still can't kill end-of-the-pier shows.

On the other hand, it must be the first time in decades that ITV1 comedy viewers can feel rightfully supercilious & intellectually superior as they sit down with their bottles of Bacardi Breezer and watch the Christmas special of 'Vicious' (they like their gays embittered and afraid to leave the house).

Absolutely brilliant new year episode. Not surprised how good the ratings are, at least Mrs Brown's Boys guarantees to make you laugh! Shame there is no fourth series but looking forward to the D'Movie.

Quote: T.W. @ 30th December 2013, 7:51 PM GMT

Jesus feckin' f**king Christ.

Depressingly, it just goes to show that you can burn down as many seaside end-of-piers as you like, but you still can't kill end-of-the-pier shows.

On the other hand, it must be the first time in decades that ITV1 comedy viewers can feel rightfully supercilious & intellectually superior as they sit down with their bottles of Bacardi Breezer and watch the Christmas special of 'Vicious' (they like their gays embittered and afraid to leave the house).

Why can't you intellectuals leave us simple people alone?

Just watched the New Year's episode, another home run!!

It doesn't matter if it's a special or not Mrs. Browns Boys never fails to get my ribs in a painful tangle, Good old fashioned humour the way it should be without being pretentious or poncey, This show delivers in spades and I love it when mistakes are made and there are a few they are pointed out and laughed at. The specials were great! Long may Mammy reign!

Quote: Father Jack @ 31st December 2013, 12:47 PM GMT

It doesn't matter if it's a special or not Mrs. Browns Boys never fails to get my ribs in a painful tangle, Good old fashioned humour the way it should be without being pretentious or poncey, This show delivers in spades and I love it when mistakes are made and there are a few they are pointed out and laughed at. The specials were great! Long may Mammy reign!

My sentiments exactly. Probably the best comedy around at the minute!

I thought the two specials were a bit low risk in terms of story and just thrown together. I'm not a big fan of the show but other episodes seemed to have more of a story

Quote: blahblah @ 31st December 2013, 1:07 PM GMT

I thought the two specials were a bit low risk in terms of story and just thrown together. I'm not a big fan of the show but other episodes seemed to have more of a story

No, sorry. Totally disagree with you, felt these two specials were very funny myself and last night's episode was brilliant.