Why isn't there a Blackadder film?

Wouldn't it be great if Blackadder was turned into a film. According to Stephen Fry last year, Rowan misses the script read throughs they had back in the eighties.

I wish Rowan had done that instead of Mr Bean's Holiday. But now that Hugh Laurie is a star in America, surely it will be a major hit? Miranda Richardson's star has grown - she was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, after all. And Stephen Fry is familiar to SOME Americans, I think. There's a chance Richard Curtis would be interested now that The Vicar of Dibley has finished. Ben Elton needs a hit after Blessed and I think Tim McInnery is focusing on stage work but might want to join in too.

Blackadder Back and Forth was like a film in everything but it's running time and was funny. But could they all come together one last time?

There's been on and off talk of a fifth Blackadder and/or film for years now. It's never been totally ruled out - and indeed Tony Robinson said he would take part relatively recently - but it's not exactly something which is being seriously suggested, as far as I'm aware.