W1A Page 2

It looked like someone took the bits on Top Gear where Jezzer moans about the PC BBC and mixed it with an episode of Extras written by someone who read about it in the Radiomist.

Dull, self regarding and just not that funny.

Quote: Bonzo @ 20th March 2014, 9:12 AM GMT

I really enjoyed it. Only slight disappointment was that they didn't resolve the Cornish thing and looks like it's carrying on through the (very short - 4 eps only) series.

I loved Twenty Twelve but some episodes were much better than others.

:D

4 episodes! Bloody Hell, why can't they just do a full 6. It's essentially Twenty Twelve series 3, so why hold back?

Anyway, I liked the first episode. The arm wrestling (I won't say who it was as this will ruin it for any iPlayer catch ups) was very funny.

It seems just like a new version of People Like Us. But that's not a bad thing at all - I'm really enjoying the first episode.

This is really, really, really good. Amazing to think it got greenlighted - it basically skewers the BBC from top to bottom, has excellent dialogue and some great (and very recognizable) characters. I work in broadcasting (not in the UK) so it's all very familiar and believable(and to be honest even worse than over here).

Not top to bottom, Wout.

I thought this week's was much better, but I still feel that no matter how immaculately made it is, the situation, characters and dialogue are just pretty much off the peg.

I do enjoy watching it, and 2012 before it, but it still feels like something generic done very well: session muso comedy, if you will. So, yes, it's all good. But not great.

It's official now that Olivia Colman is appearing in the finale. BBC episode synopsis says the post-Olympic Italy holiday is revealed in press, further damaging Ian's reputation after the salary flap this coming week. Will BBC stand by Ian? Is Sally standing by, or anywhere near, Ian? They would not bring her on just to show them broken up for an awkward moment, would they? Hope Sally got her guy. She earned it.

I do like this, but recalling it's by the writer of People Like Us, makes me want this to be better. I thought episode two was somewhat better than the first. Perhaps one trouble with this is it is too focussed on one event, one person - maybe we need a whole department of lunatics with their own on-going troubles.

For such a talented actress and comedienne who's capable of such subtly layered and nuanced characters and performances I find Jessica Hynes is wasted playing such a clichéd, one-dimensional, one-joke character.

This show as well as Twenty-Twelve just make me wish I was watching Nathan Barley instead. That show turned clueless empty-headed, self-obsessed media morons into an art-form. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_OirA3zGNw

How's that mockumentary about the life behind the scenes at the BCG going?

Tedious and self satisfied.

It is tedious and self congratulatory.

It's like watching a monkey masturbate in Lord Reith's withered face.

Tedious and self raising?

I fail to see how anyone finds Will the intern funny: he's a f**king retard!

What is on going with Sally? Firstly it's a docusoap, so everybody must know about her and Ian. Secondly a bit of rain in Umbria is meant to ruin their bonking (or whatever). Then you had the end of Twenty Twelve where you don't know why she came back.

Stop employing Olivia Colman! We need to sort all this crap out!