Brooklyn 99 Page 2

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 16th January 2014, 9:38 PM GMT

Am I missing something?

Nah, if you're into it, then you're not.

I can't imagine this will split opinion like the new Vic and Bob, mind.

I love this kind of US humour.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 16th January 2014, 9:40 PM GMT

I love this kind of US humour.

Just out of interest, what do you consider "this kind of US humour"?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 16th January 2014, 9:42 PM GMT

Just out of interest, what do you consider "this kind of US humour"?

SNL, Parks and Rec, sardonic. Clever with a bit of stupid.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 16th January 2014, 9:45 PM GMT

SNL, Parks and Rec, sardonic. Clever with a bit of stupid.

I don't watch those shows so you're probably right, it's just not my bag, I only see the "stupid" and none of the "clever".

If Andy Samberg's your problem then you'll never like this show, regardless of how much it picks up over the course of the first 7 or so episodes.

Really liked this, the episode was a bit slow to get going & not keen on the bet story line, if she was willing to gamble a date you can bet she wants to date him anyway, but overall very good.I really liked how the captain played the lead at his own game rather than just screaming at him

Watched the first episode last night and quite enjoyed it. There were quite a few laughs early on, but these seemed to evaporate as it went on. Perhaps they were just concentrating on setting all the relationships up. I'll watch a few more.

Caught the second half of this and thought it was ok.

Watched a few more episodes and it's definitely likable, but feels a bit superficial. Not much heart to the characters so far.

Enjoyed the second episode. Although I can see it becoming annoying that the lead always ends up seeing his bosses point of view in the end

I watched a few of these and couldn't quite get into it. Some bits, like the flashbacks are good. It's also nice to see the little guy from The State get a decent role. Andy Sandberg is just out of place imo. I liked Cuckoo, The Bu' and the Lonely Island SNL shorts were the best thing about the show in the past 5 years... but this he kinda annoys me.

Who knows, maybe the second half of the series will pick up some steam.

After viewing a few more episodes, I'm warming to it a bit more. It's never going to capture the depth of something like The US Office, but it's got a quirky, breezy feel to it.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is good fun.

This just gets better and better as it goes on.

I'm way behind as rather than download it I'm just keeping pace with the E4 broadcasts.