Nicknames

BOB IS SITTING ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF LOOKING VERY SAD.

POLICEMAN: Hello Bob, Are you OK?
BOB: I've Had Enough.
POLICEMAN: Now what's Wrong? (POLICEMAN SITS NEXT TO BOB)
BOB: You See that ship yard with all the ships in it.
POLICEMAN: Yes,
BOB: Well, I helped build many of those ships in my younger days, but do they call me Bob the ship builder?
POLICEMAN: No!
BOB: And you see the new housing estate just to the right?
BOB: Well I helped build most of those houses, but do they call me Bob the house builder?
BOB: and you see the Corner shop now run by the Pattels?
BOB: Well I ran that shop for 10 years, but does anyone call me Bob the Shop Keeper?
BOB: And you See the Queens head pub,
BOB: I had that pub for 5 years, but do they call me Bob the Landlord?
POLICEMAN: But Bob, You can't kill yourself over the nickname the town has given you, its just a bit of light hearted fun!
BOB: All my achievements they forget!
BOB: but you shag one sheep!!!!!!!!!

Bit of an old one Funy

Not sure what's the point of posting an old joke in critique?

Yes
Take it to the skitcomp instead ;) Whistling nnocently

It's an old joke.

And like necrophilia.

You shouldn't do it.

And others shouldn't encourage you/

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th November 2013, 2:37 PM GMT

Yes
Take it to the skitcomp instead ;) Whistling nnocently

Just the kind of 'smart-arse' reply Mr Paddalack is complaining of. That's two snipes you have had on the same subject. When's the third coming?

Apologies Stephen
But you did put an old joke in the skit comp recently

But you haven't been the only one
It doesn't bother me really
I don't think pointing it out is a snipe.
You're a decent writer you don't need to rehash an old chestnut

Sorry If I've offended you

Stephen - I thought Steve's comment was quite funny, it did not strike me as primarily intended to offend?

EDIT
Posted before I saw Steve's reply.

Old jokes can be like old wine and a small prostitute which is not to everybody's taste.seemed to me that OP was the one having a snipe at the gentleman
named in dispatches meanwhile.

Quote: Marc P @ 29th November 2013, 3:36 PM GMT

Old jokes can be like old wine and a small prostitute which is not to everybody's taste.seemed to me that OP was the one having a snipe at the gentleman
named in dispatches meanwhile.

We serve beaujolaise nouvose jokes here and nothing else, you might fancy the Wetherspoons down the road sir

Also I believe in the mists of years ago, at least one poster was banned from critique for rehashing 2 Ronnies skits.

Whats the point in feedback on something you haven't written.

This place has less standards, than an Evening Standard distributor on Christmas day.

I'm not offended.

There are two posters on here who take delight in ridiculing me personally(none of you) But as they say in Yorkshire 'I tek no gorm of em'

But I do see that people like Teddy can be offended and hurt by what he perceives as harsh criticism.
And that part saddens me.

I've never known you to be mocked Stephen

Dai the sheep shagger we call him in Wales I think it works better.

And yes it is always the same 2 boys causing arguments I have seen it a bit of detention they need

POLICEMAN ADRESSING CROWD

POLICEMAN
Right you lot, its one thing to criticise a man for having illegal relationships with multiple sheep. But death threats are another member.

WELSH PERSON IN CROWD
No you fool, he's called "Dai the sheep shagger" we was cheering him on for f**king his 1000th sheep and making it into the Guiness book of records, so we was.

Quote: sootyj @ 29th November 2013, 4:48 PM GMT

POLICEMAN ADRESSING CROWD

POLICEMAN
Right you lot, its one thing to criticise a man for having illegal relationships with multiple sheep. But death threats are another member.

WELSH PERSON IN CROWD
No you fool, he's called "Dai the sheep shagger" we was cheering him on for f**king his 1000th sheep and making it into the Guiness book of records, so we was.

POLICEMAN

C'mon Dai boy you can do it