Monty Python Live Page 2

If anyone didn't get any the first time, I believe more Python Live tickets have been released today.

Unfortunatelly, they won't come to my country. :( But thanks to the cinema, the show will be seen in Hungary with a few weeks delay in August. :D

There first show is tonight I believe. If anyone is going to the 10 shows, I'd appreciate your views on them.

Quote: Woozie @ 1st July 2014, 5:42 PM BST

There first show is tonight I believe. If anyone is going to the 10 shows, I'd appreciate your views on them.

I'm seeing tomorrow's performance so I'll be able to tell you what it is like.

Will be interesting to see if they can recreate the old magic all these years on. Are they doing any new stuff?

I don't think I could handle going to seeing them live though. The sycophantic, quoting fans would be too much for my delicate temper.

Are one of these going to be on TV? If so, any idea when?

Quote: Ben @ 1st July 2014, 6:52 PM BST

Will be interesting to see if they can recreate the old magic all these years on. Are they doing any new stuff?

I don't think there are any new sketches. The main new inclusion I believe will be the dancing which is inbetween the sketches.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 1st July 2014, 6:53 PM BST

The final night, 20th July, will be shown live on G.O.L.D. - coverage starts backstage at 19:00 and the live show itself starts at 19:30.

Quote: Ben @ 1st July 2014, 6:52 PM BST

I don't think I could handle going to seeing them live though. The sycophantic, quoting fans would be too much for my delicate temper.

It will probably all be drowned out by the audience reciting it all word perfectly.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 1st July 2014, 7:06 PM BST

The final night, 20th July, will be shown live on G.O.L.D. - coverage starts backstage at 19:00 and the live show itself starts at 19:30.

Cool, ta.

What I gathered from the Imagine documentary;

- Graham Chapman will appear on the big screen, possibly with some of the sketches of him from Live at the Hollywood Bowl being shown. He will come on as the general to end a silly sketch.

- The big screen will also be showing Terry Gilliam's art skits.

- There will be dance performances which will in some way reflect old sketches like the funny walks, lumberjacks etc.

- All three of these will be shown in between the live sketches because it will take a while for the Pythons to change.

- It will be in two halves with the comedy lecture sketch ending the first half and the second ending with a big musical number.

- Eric Idle re-recorded "bright side of life" for the show.

- Some of the pythons will be playing different roles than they did originally.

I watched it yesterday and the one thing which really stood out was the sheer grouchiness of certain members, well Eric Idle anyway. John Cleese's cats were also enormous. I'll watch it when it's broadcast on GOLD though, but I think it may be a bit of a let down after all of these years.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 1st July 2014, 6:53 PM BST

Somebody doesn't keep up with BCG's news feed!

I'll be there on the last night. Very much looking forward to it.

As for material, they've not written anything new, but as I understand it they've dug out some old scripts that have never seen the light of day before.

It's being shown in cinemas all over the country on the 20th July - the last night of the run.

A nice enough little earner I'm sure.

I was there last night. It was a nostalgiafest. There was little new material although some old sketches had been tinkered with a little.

John Cleese had problems with his lines at one point but they adlibbed and made it part of the sketch.

They are all guys in their seventies, they changed the face of comedy and they've made many people (including me) laugh a lot over the years. I don't begrudge them a penny and those who would would n doubt simply want the fame and fortune for themselves.

If you're not a fan you won't enjoy this.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd July 2014, 12:51 PM BST

Somebody doesn't keep up with BCG's news feed!

I lost interest when you stopped quoting me. ;)