Monty Python Live

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I feel that someone should start a thread on the new Python stage show.

So, good or bad thing? Does anyone here plan to get tickets?

They are doing it with old material including taking piss out of people with mental health issues seemingly to recoup money lost on a failed court case... So on that basis I am out.

I still like their stuff, but it's of the past now.

How many performances are they doing? Surely it isn't just for one night?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th November 2013, 10:19 AM GMT

How many performances are they doing? Surely it isn't just for one night?

According to a report in the Daily Mirror there could be another five dates, but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Personally speaking, if I was offered the chance to see the show, I would go. I know it is expensive and there will be issues with what material is or isn't performed, but the chance to see some of the greatest comedians Britain's ever produced live on stage is one I wouldn't pass up on.

Enjoyed Spamalot a lot. So will dig out my ear trumpet and wait to see if they announce other dates or venues.

I'll be there! Python have always been a part of my life and mean a lot. The chance to see them live is not one I've ever had before and I'm pretty sure I won't get the chance again.

It's a bit like the Stones recent tour. They've been honest and said they need the money.

Would be good to see but I'm sure there will be a DVD too.

Seems the show sold out in 43 seconds !

:O

I think they sold out before that.

Badumtish

Python isn't great live IMO

The Hollywood Bowl show is pretty poor

People will criticise it as a cynical money making ploy of washed-up has-beens.
Whatever your opinion, if you're a fan, being in the audience for the show, no matter how good or bad it is, is certainly better than sitting at home brewing farts.

Quote: Alfie J @ 3rd December 2013, 6:35 PM GMT

People will criticise it as a cynical money making ploy of washed-up has-beens.
Whatever your opinion, if you're a fan, being in the audience for the show, no matter how good or bad it is, is certainly better than sitting at home brewing farts.

Are you going then?

Yep. Twice :-)