Backchat With Jack Whitehall And His Dad Page 2

Quote: Harridan @ 21st November 2013, 3:15 PM GMT

It was funny in parts, but they didn't quite pull off the improvised style they were going for, as many parts were clearly scripted off-the-cuff banter.

Couldn't agree more.

I did enjoy the first episode, it wasn't all that bad. Whilst some of it was clearly scripted, it was still very funny.

I just caught it and I must say I was laughing most of the way through. Great contrast of guests. I agree that some of it was clearly scripted - such as the plastic surgeon's office scene, but I think that Jack and his father will grow into this and improve over the next few episodes.

Can't wait for next week to see Michael Whitehall's reactions to the Geordie Shore cast...

I can't watch anything with Jack Whitehall in, after finding out he only won Amused Moose comedy competition (which is what made him) due to the fact his parents were two of the three members of the judging panel.

I actually remember reading that his dad, an agent, refused to represent him as he thought he wouldn't get anywhere.

Maybe a PR spin story I don't know.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 23rd November 2013, 3:22 PM GMT

I can't watch anything with Jack Whitehall in, after finding out he only won Amused Moose comedy competition (which is what made him) due to the fact his parents were two of the three members of the judging panel.

Surely that can't be true?

Nope it is, know a pro comic who was in the finals with him, as well as agents etc. who all testify it's true.

I quite enjoyed the first episode. I would've done something different from the sketch bit because the Hitler jokes at this point out have been dug into the ground for years now. Even then, this was still quite enjoyable.

Episode two was also very funny, loved Michael's reaction towards Geordie Shore.

Quote: zooo @ 19th November 2013, 11:20 PM GMT

But doesn't he say 'join me and my father' or something?
In which case his dad's correction is right.

Actually, and correct me if I'm wrong, isn't either of them correct? You could say "join me and my father" or "join my father and me". The one people are always correcting is when people say things like "Me and my father went to the park", which definitely should be "My father and I went to the park." because if you cut "my father" out, the original phrase becomes "Me went to the park", when it should of course be "I went to the park". However, with "Join me and my father on our new television program", the phrase is still grammatically correct if you cut out my father and it becomes "Join me on my..." It shouldn't matter whether you say "join my father and me" or "join me and my father". It is merely up to stylistic preference.

Saying it should be changed to "join my father and me" sounds like a misguided correction based on a misunderstand of why exactly "Me and my father did such and such" is incorrect, leading to the belief that "Me" is supposed to come after "my father" in all cases.

Am I wrong about this?

edit: Bah, I checked and it IS incorrect because of the sequencing of persons, 3rd person (my father) should be listed before first person. It's an incredibly pedantic correction though, I guess Jack's dad is like that!

Half ways through the episode and I'm starting to think this can get quite tiresome. The format gets played out. It's just basically Jack Whitehall using youthful lingo to get his dad caught up while his dad looks baffled and uninterested and drops a line on Jack's past as a kid.

I have to say this series has me stitches every week, I love it! Laughing out loud

Jack is a terrible comedian,who steals the jokes of others and in some cases entire routines.
Uf you ever watch him involved with other comedians, you can see he's out of his depth, it's not his fault but rather TV producers who think he's the the future of comedy on TV. The same people who put Ant and Dec up for comedy awards.
With the wealth of genuine comedy talent this country has produced, and if you look on the circuit still produces, this isn't good enough.

Just to back up my Ant and Dec argument (Britain's Got Talent) ha ha let's laugh this guy can't sing very well.

(I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here) ha ha let's laugh this guy just ate kangaroo balls.

COMEDY GOLD.

Quote: Joe McSloy @ 10th December 2013, 3:56 PM GMT

Jack is a terrible comedian,who steals the jokes of others and in some cases entire routines

That's quite a claim!

Stole Stewart Lee's set a few years back, look it up.