Best and not-so-best HIGNFY host

Obviously, no-one will EVER be as good as Angus... Same as Lamarr with Buzzcocks. But who do you think is good on this show, and should not go on again?

I liked Benedict Cumberbatch. He was perfect.

Daniel Radcliffe was surprisingly good.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2013, 10:58 PM GMT

I liked Benedict Cumberbatch. He was perfect.

does that chat up line work with beneditct combshissnatch

I think the best ones are the ones who could be funny, but aren't, so they play straight man to the teams.

Quote: sootyj @ October 29 2013, 11:03 PM GMT

does that chat up line work with beneditct combshissnatch

I bloody wish.

Damien Lewis was quite good too. And Richard Osman. Or am I just remembering him being a panellist...?

Osman was good as a panellist. I'm not entirely sure about him as a host, but would like to see him do it again.

He was better as a panellist, I think I was disappointed in his hosting only because he had been such a good panellist.

Hugh Dennis was quite good when he hosted it :)

I liked both Mel and Sue (they did it separately, not together).

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2013, 11:22 PM GMT

I liked both Mel and Sue (they did it separately, not together).

They should TOTALLY do it together. If the two from Masterchef can, so can the two from The Great British Bake Off! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot they've had duos on before.
I wish Mel and Sue presented everything.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2013, 11:28 PM GMT

Oh yeah, I forgot they've had duos on before.
I wish Mel and Sue presented everything.

Greg and John are the only duo to do it. However, if they have duos, it could open the floodgates for other duos

I wonder if Ant and Dec are allowed on the BBC...

I'll tell you who would be great at hosting HIGNFY.... STEVE PUNT!!!!

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2013, 11:33 PM GMT

I wonder if Ant and Dec are allowed on the BBC...

I am not sure that they would, given that Bill Bailey once hosted it calling them "Thieving Geordie Bastards"

Quote: sootyj @ October 29 2013, 11:03 PM GMT

I think the best ones are the ones who could be funny, but aren't, so they play straight man to the teams.

Any names of this straight men...?

Paxman was offered it every week when they started guest hosts, and keeps turning it down. He refuses point-black to do it Angry