The Green Green Grass - I Done It My Way

Question regarding the seventh episode of the fourth series of The Green Green Grass from 2009. I have been reading up on this just now and for some unknown reason, this particular episode of the show has not been repeated since its initial broadcast, not even on Gold. The fourth series was due out on DVD last month but has now been pushed back and from according to what I read it is because of this episode.

Why has this episode not been repeated? Can somebody help me out here?

I don't have Gold, so I'm not sure. But is it because it contains a lot of archive footage from OFAH, which perhaps they don't have the rights to show?

That sounds plausible.

Looks like we're set to never see this episode ever again as it'stnot going to be included on the Series 4 DVD release eitheir.

What was the plot for the episode?

Quote: Will Carter @ 29th November 2013, 11:11 PM GMT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Done_It_My_Way

Quote: Will Carter @ 29th November 2013, 11:11 PM GMT

Oh, if only there was a guide dedicated to comedy which provides plot info on every episode aired! Unimpressed

Boycie decides that it is time for the world to receive his memoirs, a heart-warming story of how Aubrey Boyce, a boy from the back streets of Peckham, became a successful land-owner and gentleman farmer. He sits down to recite his memories into a tape recorder - and the result is some forty clips incorporating flashbacks to 'Only Fools and Horses' and his dealings with the Trotter brothers. He is pleased with the result. Marlene finds it hilarious.

DVD release date moved forward to 23-Dec-2013

Quote: Clone @ 6th December 2013, 10:42 AM GMT

DVD release date moved forward to 23-Dec-2013

Yes, but the DVD does not include Episode 7 "I Done It My Way".

That's pretty annoying...British shows don't have 25 episodes per series like the American ones. Having to omit an episode because of copyright problems is particularly frustrating.

I really cannot understand what it is they can't get the copyright to though?