The Harry Hill Movie

https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/the_harry_hill_movie/

Looks like a great film. How about you?

That definitely looks like my kind of thing.

Or one of my kinds of things. :)

The lack of any funny lines in the trailer doesn't bode very well and the less said about the wacky dance sequences the better. Will be rather strange seeing Harry Hill in a narrative context and one that I fear will be able to deliver consistently over a film.

Absolutely brilliant. Makes The Mighty Boosh look like Last Of The Summer Wine.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st December 2013, 10:35 PM GMT

You've shocked me, will probably give it a look sometime in the future but I won't be rushing down the cinema to see it.

Like Ben, the lack of anything remotely funny in the trailer has dissuaded me from paying to see it. If those are the highlights, God knows how bad the rest must be.

I've not seen the film, but Mark Kermode's not impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR3IcLeh8AY

Shocker!

I don't like to watch films in the cinema because you also have that one person who always coughs or is rustling popcorn or bags. So I will wait for it to come out on DVD.

It's just been shown on Channel 4. Having recorded and just watched it I must say I personally don't think it deserved the derision it received upon its cinema release in Dec 2013. It's trademark HH: wacky and surreal - effectively his TV shows but at full volume and throttle, as if he's been let off the leash and not restricted by the limitations of television?
Most enjoyable

Quote: gb901 @ 15th February 2016, 11:02 AM GMT

It's just been shown on Channel 4. Having recorded and just watched it I must say I personally don't think it deserved the derision it received upon its cinema release in Dec 2013. It's trademark HH: wacky and surreal - effectively his TV shows but at full volume and throttle, as if he's been let off the leash and not restricted by the limitations of television?
Most enjoyable

I laughed all the way through when I saw it first. Was everything I expected. Must give it a rewatch soon.

Film critics annoy me. What gives them the authority to say "don't go see it, it's awful"? I'll make my own mind up. They think because they have seen loads of films they are an expert!

Quote: Aaron @ 21st December 2013, 10:35 PM

Are there two films with this title as you must have been watching a different one to the effort I have just finished watching that I had recorded off Film 4. One word :-

DIRE

It's the only Harry Hill thing I've never liked. It was very poor.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st May 2017, 11:35 PM

Are there two films with this title as you must have been watching a different one to the effort I have just finished watching that I had recorded off Film 4. One word :-

DIRE

It's such a delightfully silly film.

It's such a frightfully stupid film would in my eyes be a better description and very disappointing as I was expecting far more from someone who has developed into a very funny character on'telly.

I think I had a couple of slight smiles and that was it as it had not one redeeming feature. I mean the "shell people" - what the hell was that about. It was like they were thrown in as a last thought when the ideas started to run out early on, as it happens.