Crackanory

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/crackanory/

I love Harry Enfield and the trailer looks good. So it is promising. Are you watching?

I look forward to the Eldon-penned episode, the monologues he did for Resonance were wonderful.

What's this? Jackanory on drugs?

It's a novel approach for an adult show. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I always found Jackanory a little boring - shows like Grim Tales featuring Rik Mayall were much more entertaining. Let's hope Crackanory is more like the latter.

Poor Richard Branson.

What are people's feelings about S2 so far. Sadly, despite a great cast and series of narrators, it appears to be missing something, but I can't quite fathom what.

I saw one the other day which had the story teller plus some live action plus some animation.

I think it needs to be just the storyteller and maybe some still drawings like a childrens story.

I've been meaning to watch this for a while, but putting it off as it might not be that good. Anyway, I found it recently by accident, and by pure fortune it was the David Mitchell episode (I only watched the first part). It was quite brilliant. I'm not sure whether this was the story, David Mitchell or what, but I'll be tuning in again soon. Top marks.

I'm half-way through Ep1 S3. It's not really holding my attention despite Paul Whitehouse's best efforts.

I have to watch them in halves rather than a full episode but love most of them. Looking forward to catch up with all of series 3.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd October 2014, 1:01 PM BST

What are people's feelings about S2 so far. Sadly, despite a great cast and series of narrators, it appears to be missing something, but I can't quite fathom what.

I've not watched it but my guess is: humour.

Umm, never watched it before, but it's not bad. Wiles away half hour with amusing/horror tale and all so far been well narrated and acted.